cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB OC still a thing?

Zwaeaehn
Level 7
Hey there.:)

I am considering buying an ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC.

But now I've read a lot about coil whine, defects and missing thermal pads that can reduce lifespan under load.
I'm not sure if this is still an issue or if there have already been improvements to the card (new Revisions?).

Many topics are already 1-2 years old and I wonder if ASUS has fixed the problems or if they continue to sell badly designed cards, then I would rather avoid the card and possibly Asus products in the future.

Because for this price, you should get a decent product, I think we can all agree on that.

Can somebody say something about this?
2 REPLIES 2

ahfoo
Level 13
Basically any IT related hardware product you purchase carrying a risk of having some issue. It may not be the design or hardware implementation. But it all about part being distribute to production line may somehow defect or not function well due assembly process by human hand. My recent purchase of the Asus GPU inclusive of 3080 TI and 3090 OC version did not have any issue but others in different region might have. I believed no single company involved in production can guarantee their product are defect free, not even BMW, TESLA,,,,etc. As long the warranty in place, you are covered. But so far Asus never gave me any major issue with their GPU hardware. That my personal opinion.

ahfoo
Level 13
On the side not, if you want to drive this 3090 OC, you need some more juice in your PSU to control.