cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DisplayPort signal in windows ASUS TUF 4090 OC

ADM1
Level 7

Hi all. Just finished a new build. Quadro P1000 and ASUS 4090 TUF OC GPUs. ASUS ROG z790 Hero mobo. Computer defaults to Quadro when posting and bolts to windows w/o issue. 4090 looks to be working fine but only hdmi puts out signal. Tried different DP cables and monitors. 

I don’t know if this is somehow related to the black screen post issue (I’ll try booting w/o Quadro installed tomorrow. But seems odd the HDMI port works and not the DP. 

any ideas?  Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

BissiJoy
Level 8

If you are experiencing a "No DisplayPort Signal" error on your Windows PC, don't worry, it's a common issue that can be easily fixed. In this blog post, we will explore the possible causes of this error and provide you with some solutions to fix it.

What is DisplayPort?

DisplayPort is a digital display interface that connects your PC to a monitor or other display devices such as TVs, projectors, and gaming monitors. It provides high-quality audio and video signals and supports high-resolution displays with refresh rates up to 240Hz.

Causes of No DisplayPort Signal Error

Before we dive into the solutions, let's first discuss the possible causes of this error:

1. Loose or Damaged Cables: A loose or damaged DisplayPort cable can cause the no signal error. Ensure that your cables are properly connected and are not damaged.

2. Graphics Card Issue: If your graphics card is not functioning correctly, it can cause the no signal error. Try updating your graphics card drivers or checking if the graphics card is working correctly.

3. Monitor Issue: Your monitor may not be working correctly or may be incompatible with the DisplayPort. Try connecting to another monitor or device to see if the issue persists.

4. Windows Update: Sometimes a Windows update can cause issues with your graphics card or monitor settings, resulting in the no signal error.

Now that we know the possible causes let's explore some solutions.

Solution 1: Check Cables and Connections

The first thing you should do is check your cables and connections. Make sure that your DisplayPort cables are correctly connected and not damaged. Try unplugging and reconnecting the cables to ensure a proper connection. If you are using an adapter or converter, ensure that it is compatible with your monitor and PC.

Solution 2: Update Graphics Card Drivers

If your graphics card drivers are outdated, it can cause issues with your DisplayPort. To update your graphics card drivers, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows Key + X on your keyboard.

2. Select Device Manager from the menu.

3. Locate and expand the Display Adapters section.

4. Right-click on your graphics card and select Update Driver.

5. Choose the option to search automatically for updated driver software.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Solution 3: Check Monitor Settings

Sometimes your monitor settings can cause the no signal error. To check your monitor settings, follow these steps:

1. Press the Menu button on your monitor.

2. Navigate to the Input or Signal settings.

3. Ensure that the input source is set to DisplayPort.

4. If the issue persists, try resetting your monitor settings to default.

Solution 4: Restart Your PC

Restarting your PC can sometimes fix the no signal error. To restart your PC, follow these steps:

1. Click on the Windows Start button.

2. Click on the Power button.

3. Select Restart.

4. Wait for your PC to restart and try connecting to your DisplayPort again.

Solution 5: Try a Different Port or Monitor

If the above solutions do not work, try connecting to a different DisplayPort port on your PC or using a different monitor. This will help you determine whether the issue is with your PC or your monitor.

Conclusion

The "No DisplayPort Signal" error is a common issue that can be easily fixed. By following the solutions we have outlined in this blog post, you can troubleshoot and fix this error on your Windows PC. Remember to check your cables, update your graphics card drivers, check your monitor settings, restart your PC, or try a different port or monitor. With these solutions, you should be able to get your DisplayPort up and running in no time.

mpoll77
Level 7

Have you tried all of the dispalyport ports? I just handled a strange problem with my new card yesterday (same one as you), where if get a corrupted signal when I tried switching my monitor to 240hz. I was using the port closest to the HDMI ones. When I switched to the port furthest from them, it worked. Not really the problem your seeing, just wanted to point out that all the displayport ports aren't equal(?)

Yep. Tried every combo of ports single or multiple with different cables and monitors. No luck so I did and RMA.