cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1080 Poseidon?

Jsg243
Level 7
So far I haven't found a speck of dust pointing towards this happening, but considering the number of poseidon coolers on other cards, I'm really hoping this will happen. I want to buy the 1080 but i want the water cooling capability without having to buy the additional block. If anyone hears anything let me know 🙂
9 REPLIES 9

Dicehunter
Level 10
Jsg243 wrote:
So far I haven't found a speck of dust pointing towards this happening, but considering the number of poseidon coolers on other cards, I'm really hoping this will happen. I want to buy the 1080 but i want the water cooling capability without having to buy the additional block. If anyone hears anything let me know 🙂

The base model hasn't even launched yet, Have a little patience 😛

robble
Level 7
Jsg243 wrote:

I'm very much wanting to know the same info!

robble wrote:
I'm very much wanting to know the same info!

...same here, the only reason why I would change my two 980 Poseidons would be the availability of a 1080 Poseidon.
😛

Me too - If there will be a Poseidon version - I want it!!! It's such a great cooling innovation!!

Vlada011
Level 10
ASUS will launch Poseidon no doubt, only is question when.
But I'm surprised with Strix boost clock, it's not small.

Vlada011 wrote:
ASUS will launch Poseidon no doubt, only is question when.
But I'm surprised with Strix boost clock, it's not small.

Well my GTX 1080 Gigabyte FE boostclock it self to 1968mhz/5011mhz for me 🙂 think i got a cherry one. still havn't tried to overclock it manually, but later on i will.:cool:

and by the way, everything comes down to the silicon lottery. other brands like (MSI Gaming X) and(Asus Strix) doesn't clock as well as the Founders Edition (Atleast the review versions). the max temp on the strix and MSI is around 73-76c and thats not much better than 78-82c on the FE.
the fans on Strix and MSI gaming X on idle doesnt spin, but idle temp is higher 46c! FE fans spins but stays at 30-35c without any noticeble sound from the fan. the extra 6/8 pin plug doesn't give any boosts in overclocking. And here in the Netherlands they even ask a higher price for the Strix than the FE, thats absurd.

Pascal Gpus runs hot.

Kenrou
Level 8
From the reviews doesn't seem worth it, overclocking potential looks roughly the same on all models unless you LN2/Dice ?

CPU: i7-6700k @4.7ghz
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
GPU: Strix 980ti OC

RAM: 2x 8GB Ripjaws V 3200mhz C14
Motherboard: Maximus VIII Hero

SSD: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
HDD: 1x WD Black 4TB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold
CASE: Fractal Define R5 Black

Kenrou wrote:
From the reviews doesn't seem worth it, overclocking potential looks roughly the same on all models unless you LN2/Dice ?

What not worth Poseidon? watercooler?...
It's not everything in overclocking, many people only want silence and below 60C on 150-160MHz fabric overclocked models.

konfliqt
Level 7
Asus need to get their finger out. Too many times we're stuck waiting months for the main line up of motherboards or graphics cards when the likes of MSI have their full range within weeks of a launch. Then we have the laughable attempts at software such as Gamefirst IV that don't work at all as intended (use tons of cpu before crashing and cant use wifi and lan to give more bandwidth like killer nics at all). Then annoying ones like Aura that you have to load every time you boot to get rid of the flashing light blue.

Anyway, hybrid and watercooled MSI 1080 and 1070 Seahawks due in stock this week. Where is Poseidon...