cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone running SLI?

Nate152
Good day to all ROGer's

Some say SLI is dying, some say SLI is dead altogether, well i say it depends on the games you play.

I haven't run SLI since the 600 series and it worked very good in the games that support it. True, all games don't support SLI but the ones that do, show a nice increase in performance.

So, I started this thread for anyone who is running SLI of any gpu generation to post their performance in games, that goes for anyone with 2000 series gpu's which now uses NVLink.

I'll start off with the first game I tested which was Destiny 2, performance and gameplay are excellent with SLI. There are texture issues at times but this is a problem with the recording.

Come one, come all, I'd like to see SLI performance in the games you play.

Frames Per Second in the upper right corner in green.

19 REPLIES 19

Nate152
Cool Dave, yes I would like to see how Xfire is working for you, please post all you want.

The above ram settings were too good to be true so after tuning it a bit I settled on 3600MHz 15-15-15-30-1N timings which I'm happy with.

Now that I can test some more games, FAR CRY 5 plays well in SLI but DOES NOT max out the gpu's. I could enable V-Sync and keep locked at 60FPS which is fine for me but this would bother me more if I had a 4k 144Hz monitor. It's showing the cpu running at 4600MHz but it's just reading the multiplier of x46, the cpu is running at 5.2GHz as shown in HWinfo above.

While SLI does work it's not working like it should, so to me Far Cry 5 is an SLI fail.

Nate152
Hey Arne, I'm still deciding if I made the right move going with SLI.

Next up is Cysis 3, yeah yeah I know it's a 6 year old game but it still chomps hard at today's hardware. I start off in 1440p and the gpu's are not maxed out, then I switch to a little higher than 4k resolution, the gpu's max out and scale nicely but I hit the power limit as you see the gpu frequency and voltage throttle.

For Crysis 3, I have to say SLI performance is good in 4k resolution. I would think most games if not all games made by crytek would support sli very well.

Retired
Not applicable
Crysis 3 look's amazing with SLI performance. Now, I know which game to buy next time 🙂
It's just too bad I can't run Wolfenstein: New Order with SLI. Some say they can, while I've spent 2 day's configuring my setting's just to run it without bug's.

Nate152
Hi AS185

As I'm finding out, some games require you to use Nvidia Inspector to get sli working. Once you select the wolfenstein new order game profile you may have to change some settings in section 6 - SLI.

Retired
Not applicable
Hey Nate152,
Cool program however I have no idea how to change the setting's with binary code. 0's & 1's, maybe back in the day.

Nate152
Nvidia Inspector can look intimidating at first but it's easy to use and you don't change any numbers, you select how many gpu's and the SLI mode in the drop downs.

This is where you can experiment with the different modes to see what gives you the best performance, Auto Select, Force AFR, Force AFR 2 are the preferred modes to try.

Click the pic to make it bigger

Nate152
The Division 2 is free to play this weekend.

I'm not a fan of the series but wanted to try it with SLI, I spent about an hour trying to get it to work with no success. The game has been out for 3 months with no SLI support and I doubt there will be any.

I average 30-35 FPS at a little over 4k resolution with a Titan Xp, I question if even the 2080 Ti can hold a solid 60 FPS at 4k resolution. SLI is needed badly in this game for 4k resolution but is ignored.

The Division 2 = SLI FAIL !

Some games support it, some do not. most programs that use the GPU cores do support it.
Far from dead. Nvidia is supporting it again.
Nice list of good games that do support SLI.
My pair of 2080Tis do great.

https://www.gamingscan.com/best-games-that-support-sli/

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Two systems, one with a Rampage III Black Edition MB, a six core 990x CPU and two 1070s in SLI. The second a Rampage VI Extreme Omega MB with a 9980xe CPU and two 2080s in SLI. Both work relatively well at 4k with a 60 Hz monitor, the 1070s showing a little tearing and stutter playing World of Warcraft, but the 2080s breezing through with no problems. I love SLI so far these last few years. The question is, I'm thinking of a new GPU or two in SLI (or Crossfire [hmm.. then again?]--which no longer has support [?]) for the older system--or just getting a setup for the new one and putting the 2080s in the old rig. What to do? I've read and think maybe I should wait for a 3080ti or two--imagine that in SLI!!

Nate152
Hi Super Gnome

You must be getting over 60FPS in WoW to have screen tear, enabling v-sync should solve that.

With the price of gpu's these days, it might be good to hold out for the next generation, they should do better with Ray Tracing. Maybe by then more games will have Ray Tracing.

Big Johnny - Killer machine you have, it's good to see some aren't shying away from SLI including me.