cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3080Ti Strix OC and Display port problem!

Ribellu
Level 10
Hi, I recently purchased this graphics card, there is a problem with the display port.

When starting the PC impossible to access the BIOS, after some research on the internet, I saw several subjects to this problem, to make it short, you have to re-enable the CSM in the BIOS, however if you re-enable the CSM you no longer have access to the resizable bar, on the Asus support page there is a Vbios that fixes the Display port problem, but when I run it it tells me that my GPU does not need this Vbios, so I deduce that it is up to date?

What does Asus intend to do about it? this card is very high end...

Here some links of description of problem on some sites:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/456626/3080-ti-major-issue-with...

https://forums.evga.com/RTX-3080-TI-FTW-ULTRA-Cant-see-BIOS-post-screen-w-DP-port-m3410892.aspx

On this link https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-releases-a-firmware-update-to-fix-blank-screen-boot-issue-for-th... Nvidia has released an update tool, I hesitate to use it because I don't know if it will be compatible with my ASUS GPU model.

Post Nvidia about it and tool: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5233/
23 REPLIES 23

ahfoo
Level 13
Keep pressing the DEL button once you power up if you are using Asus Motherboard.

ahfoo wrote:
Keep pressing the DEL button once you power up if you are using Asus Motherboard.

Thanks for your reply, but I think you misunderstood my post, I no longer have access to the BIOS either with the DEL/ or F2 key, this is the cause of the connection of the 3080Ti with a DP cable, you would have taken the time to read the two links I added in my previous post you would have understood what I'm talking about: 3080TI + DP+ CSM Disable in bios = black screen or in the best case no more access to the BIOS even when rebooting with the option special in Windows that allows you to reboot directly into the BIOS .... it's an infinite reboot on the dekstop, it's a problem recognized by Nvidia and the manufacturers of motherboards and GPUs, they have put a fix online , a firmware but my GPU doesn't want it, it says it's up to date

Nobody have a Asus 3080Ti connected with Display Port here?

Ribellu wrote:
Nobody have a Asus 3080Ti connected with Display Port here?

Mate, I got Asus Strix 3060OC12G, TUF-RTX3080-10G-V2-GAMING and ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-24G-GAMING. Except 3060OC12G with HDMI, the other two all connected via DP port with AOC monitor without any issue accessing BIOS screen when boot.

I am not sure and how to emulate your problems, maybe, you list your system spec here and see of others here can spot the problems.

ahfoo wrote:
Mate, I got Asus Strix 3060OC12G, TUF-RTX3080-10G-V2-GAMING and ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-24G-GAMING. Except 3060OC12G with HDMI, the other two all connected via DP port with AOC monitor without any issue accessing BIOS screen when boot.

I am not sure and how to emulate your problems, maybe, you list your system spec here and see of others here can spot the problems.

My spec:

Motherboard Asus Maximus Z690 HERO
Processor I7 12700KF
Memory (part number) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2X16Gb 5200Mhz 38/38/38/74
Graphics Card #1 Asus ROG-STRIX-RTX3080TI-O12G-GAMING
Monitor Asus VG27AQ
Storage #1 SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1T
Storage #2 SSD Samsung 960 EVO 500gb
CPU Cooler MSI MAG CoreLiquid C240
Case Thermaltake Commander C31 TG
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Mouse Razer Bazilisk V2
Headset/Speakers Hyper X Cloud Alpha
OS Windows 10 Pro 21H2

ahfoo
Level 13
Hi mate, If you could remove one stick of your ram to test it out.

ahfoo wrote:
Hi mate, If you could remove one stick of your ram to test it out.

I tried but it didn't change anything, I also tested my ram with memtest everything went well

on the other hand I noticed one thing when I restart from windows, I do not have access to the BIOS, but when I turn off my PC and I put it back on, I can access the BIOS WTH?

I had the same issue.
A firmware update for my TUF 3080TI OC solved the problem.