cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 - RGB Controller - Can't control lights?

zonearc0
Level 7

When I setup my fans, video card, etc originally with this motherboard I was able to control everything using the armoury crate app with no issues. A month later, and all the lights pulse in yellow and I can't change them with the app at all. I've updated the app, reinstalled the app, it properly detects all of the controllers/headers, etc and no change. 
Any suggestions? If anything the pulsing is annoying so I'm about to unplug cables. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

drop4205
Level 12

Did you uninstall Armory Crate with the uninstaller program found on your motherboard drivers page?  

Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

drop4205
Level 12

Did you uninstall Armory Crate with the uninstaller program found on your motherboard drivers page?  

Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

zonearc0
Level 7

I thought I had figured out the issue but I didn't. 
But, it turns out part of the issue relates to an RGB remote for a wall mount LED I have in the gaming room. So, one of my kids grabbed the remote and was changing the lights on the wall sign. Well, they were also changing the lights in the case. Now I can change both the wall mount sign and the case by pressing buttons on here. 
Now, the issue is that seems to be overriding the lights in the case, video card, etc that are driven by the Armoury Crate app though. 
Anyone know why this might be? Maybe its the little box between the motherboard and the lights or does this motherboard actually support a remote control and can I override it's settings??