cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 BSOD LOOP - Help

Dear All,

Just build a new PC with the below hardware - From the first boot up I have encountered alot of Windows 11 Pro BSOD, and currently it just runs in a loop of BSOD with these error codes (on at the time):

fkmode exception not handled

system thread exception not handled

ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Nonpaged Area on Windows 11

Same thing happens if I boot from USB with Win11 installation media to try to delete partitions and install again.

The BIOS is set to run the CPU completely standard, and all kinds of overclock / boost etc. is switched off.

Anyone have a good guess as to what's wrong?Hardware failure? CPU? RAM?

What would you try from here? And in what order?

Have checked that the RAM is in the slots prescribed by ASUS in the manual- and that the exact model of RAM is approved by ASUS to work with this particular motherboard.

Have quite a few self-built PCs on my conscience, and have never had a problem of this nature. ?

CPU: Intel I5-13600K (brand new)

Bundkort :ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-H (brand new)

RAM: Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR5-5600 C40 DC - 16GB (brand new)

PSU: Thermaltake Tough Power GF2 ARGB (brand new)

HHD: Samsung 970 nvme (used)

GPU: Asus ROG STRIX RTX 3080 (used)

Have a nice day and thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hello,

Wide range of stop codes there. I would start by removing the CPU and checking the socket for any bent pins. Then remount the CPU and cooler whilst checking for even mounting pressure. Also, ensure the motherboard standoff screws are not over-torqued. Although you have stated that the BIOS is at defaults, please ensure XMP is not enabled as this qualifies as overclocking.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Sorry I havent return before.

After testing with you suggestion as well as many other solutions, and still not having any luck ... I purchased a new i5-13600k to test - and it turned out that the first CPU was defective, and now sendt an RMA for it.