cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 usb power when off

AvonNova
Level 7
I have a new Z690 motherboard that I just installed. I noticed that the USB ports still seem to be powered and the LEDs on the motherboard are still active when powered off. Is there any way to change this? I looked in the BIOS but couldn’t find an option.
7 REPLIES 7

RogScott
Level 12
AvonNova wrote:
I have a new Z690 motherboard that I just installed. I noticed that the USB ports still seem to be powered and the LEDs on the motherboard are still active when powered off. Is there any way to change this? I looked in the BIOS but couldn’t find an option.

Look under Advanced/Onboard Devices Configuration. There are options there to control USB power and LED when in sleep/off states.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

RogScott wrote:
Look under Advanced/Onboard Devices Configuration. There are options there to control USB power and LED when in sleep/off states.

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that.

One weird thing is that the sleep, power off, etc. mode keeps getting reset. I changed it to Stealth Mode to turn off all LEDs, but it resets to Aura Only. Is something overriding this value, like Armoury Crate or Corsair iCUE?

As it turns out, disabling the USB power doesn't work. I have it disabled, but my USB headphones are still getting power.

AvonNova wrote:
As it turns out, disabling the USB power doesn't work. I have it disabled, but my USB headphones are still getting power.

After disable the USB power, restart your system and turn it off. Unplug your power cord connected to your power supply for couple of minutes (10mins). Now connected your power cord to the power supply see if the problems occur again.

As it happens, after I noticed that problem, I had my PC unplugged for a while yesterday to work on it. I tried it again today, and the problem still occurs. If I unplug the power for a while and then plug it back it with the main power on, the USB ports don't have power. But if I turn the PC fully on and then shutdown, the USB ports still have power.

My BIOS version is 0604.

DragDay7
Level 9
Try enabling ErP ready in bios - Advanced> APM.

Enabling ErP worked. As I saved the change, it also showed that my sleep state was reverted to Stealth Mode. Thanks for the help. It's not a huge deal but there is no reason to waste the energy.