cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow DRAM Qled issue on ProArt Z790

XCRSiLVeR
Level 8

Well, all new toys arrived and build it last weekend. Took my time and was carefull ofcourse.
All parts ordered new everyting seemd to have arrived in good condition.

Problem is No Post. It comes to the yellow DRAM Qled burning and thats it, nothing more from there, no display etc.
DIMMs were in slots A2 and B2, tried switching them, tried single DIMM, nothing helped.
RGB working, All fans spinning. BIOS is updated with FlashBack

Anyone had this issue? Anyone with ideas how to fix it?

Full System Specs:
ASUS ProArt Z790 CREATOR
Intel 13700K
Deepcool LT720 (Grizzly Kryonaut Paste)
Corsair Vengeance CMH64GX5M2B5600C36
Asus ROG 4070TI OC
be quiet! Dark Power 13 1000W
be quiet! Silent Base 802
M.2 #1 NVME OS: Samsung 990Pro 1T
M.2 #2 NVME Project: Seagate FireCuda 530 2T
M.2 #1 NVME Scratch: Samsung 890Pro 500GB
M.2 #1 NVME Scratch: Samsung 890Pro 500GB

Only used original cables, every connection checked triple.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hello,

no POST at factory defaults with DRAM LED could indicate a mounting pressure or pin pad issue. Try reseating both CPU and cooler whilst checking for even mounting pressure.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Nate152

Hello XCRSiLVeR

Since it's not booting, power down, shut off the psu switch and unplug it from the wall socket.

Try with one stick of ram in the A2 slot.

Check in the accessories if you have a clear cmos jumper cap, use this to clear the cmos then try booting.

From the motherboard manual....

clear cmos.png

Appreciate your respond, thanx.

Allready tried just the one stick (tried both) in just slot A2
The specs for my DRAM tells me it is for Intel:
"Memory Profile: INTEL XMP (Version 3.0)"

Just wondering, if it already occurs on the first attempt, how could clearing the CMOS help me?
Is clearing the CMOS needed if I Updated/Reinstalled the BIOS?

Nate152

Sorry about that.

Copying and pasting your memory part number took me to Corsair and was showing it was for AMD, if it is Intel XMP certified then all is good.

Updating the bios clears the cmos or resets the bios to defaults so you shouldn't have to use the jumper.

The first boot on a new system can take a while. Try booting up again, let it go for a few minutes and see if it eventually boots.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hello,

no POST at factory defaults with DRAM LED could indicate a mounting pressure or pin pad issue. Try reseating both CPU and cooler whilst checking for even mounting pressure.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Thank you for your thoughts sir.

I will reseat it today, new paste is already on its way. Fingers crossed 🙂

Well, I took of the cooler and out the CPU. Made a picture from the socket to have closer look there.
Check the picture, I see one single pin being off, bottom right corner.
Could this be my issue with the DRAM Qled and not posting? Shouldnt there be a CPU Qled burning?
Looks like a problem anyhow so I need to replace this board ...1700Socket.jpg

Murph_9000
Level 14

Pin damage on the pins which connect to the memory slots will typically show up as the RAM Q-LED.  The CPU Q-LED would indicate a problem getting the internals of the CPU initialised.

If the pin is just bent or squashed down, it might be repairable.  They are extremely delicate, so don't attempt to repair it yourself unless you feel confident you have suitable skills and equipment.

Nate152

Ah yes, just one bent cpu socket pin will cause you problems but, I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

It looks like only one or two pins are bent, you can try straightening them with a toothpick.

A magnifying glass and good lighting will help you here.

Well, I honestly do not feel like starting to bend pins on a socket.

I do see your point, it is a lot cheaper but .... no bending for me. Pretty sure Asus wouldn't even aprove it 😉