cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS - Serious problem PCIE CRASH

LoVe
Level 7
Hello all,

im facing a serious problem with this motherboard, im using EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE GAMING and every time im trying to start an 3D app the computer will gonna crash.

This is what happening : both monitors (i have 1 monitor displayport and one hdmi) will turn off, fan of GPU will gonna go full load and no others feedback, no sound notthing.

After the reboot i can hear boot sound of Win 11, but no video output on monitors, i have tryied to join this computer with a remote software and i can see something (i guess the integrated GPU of the CPU will gonna work so...) and i have discovered that the official PCIE GPU it's not showed in the computer managment.

If i would like to have back this situation, i have to turn off the computer completly, remove the power cable and wait like 3min to turn off completly it.

At reboot all back as normal, GPU again showed in the list and every works fine, but again with 3D application crash.

Im sorry this long explanation but really im lost... i dont know how to fix this problem
I have tryied to use different GPU, no errors, no problem, but ohers GPU are lower as performance than my official 1080 Ti

GPU has been verified, i did a RMA and the GPU it's OK.

Please, im hopeless... i guess its software problem because all hardware it's fine and new and compatible.

Any suggest?
6 REPLIES 6

LoVe
Level 7
I forgot a specify, once reboot the computer i have checked that the crash comes from driver ntoskrnl.exe
This one it's a general issue from kernel... so no much to understand how should be the real problem

Nate152
Hello LoVe

Are you using two separate 8-pin pcie power cables?

Meaning, don't use 1 pcie power cable with two 8-pin connectors.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello LoVe

Are you using two separate 8-pin pcie power cables?

Meaning, don't use 1 pcie power cable with two 8-pin connectors.

Hi Nate, thank you for your reply, yes im using two different 8pin connector, come's from the psu to the GPU

Nate152
Are you using the latest Nvidia driver 528.02?

One thing you could try is enabling Nvidia Debug mode.

At the top left of the Nvidia control panel click help, then click Debug Mode and try the 3d application.

LoVe
Level 7
Nate, you helped me a lot! really, i checked some psu 8 pin extention for the GPU and 2 pin was damaged... i have changed them and the issue disappeared...

dude thank you very much really, you can also close the topic...

Nate152