cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX Z790-E Gaming XMP Not working!!!!

mwr1203
Level 8
Kingston Fury XMP 5600 mhz and GSkill Trident Z5 6000 mhz since BIOS 703 update??? Getting numerous Q-Codes and reboots eventually resulting in the notorious F1 message. Never makes it far enough to get into the BIOS.
8 REPLIES 8

Murph_9000
Level 14
Have you confirmed that your part numbers are listed on the Strix Z790-E Memory QVL? 2 DIMMs or 4 DIMMs? Does it work with XMP disabled?

I have a Kingston kit and a Gskill kit both on the QVL updated to 0803 bios today still no luck with either. They both work standard.

mwr1203 wrote:
I have a Kingston kit and a Gskill kit both on the QVL updated to 0803 bios today still no luck with either. They both work standard.

Have you tried version 0813, which was released today?

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z790-e-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_bios/

Release notes:

"1. Improve DRAM compatibility
2. Improve system stability

mwr1203
Level 8
That's it I made a typo and also they changed the QVL. DDR5 only goes up to 6800 mhz now. it was just days ago up to 7800 mhz. They obviously have an issue. From other posts I have read. No one seems to be able to get XMP to work on any Z790 ASUS board. Even if I place it in Manual an enter the timings myself, they are incorrect when it reboots in safe mode to the bios. Something is really wrong here and I am starting to question ASUS reliability. Maybe I need to try MSI, but I assume it's all the same crap.

mwr1203
Level 8
Need to keep these discussions open so they do something about it. I can still return this board to the retailer, but I don't have much time left. So I have to decide pretty quick what I want to do.

mwr1203
Level 8
Now I have 2 sets of memory that was in the QVL and now it's been updated and is no longer there. So I have to return it I guess. What a fiasco. I may just return the board and go with an MSI.

mwr1203 wrote:
Now I have 2 sets of memory that was in the QVL and now it's been updated and is no longer there. So I have to return it I guess. What a fiasco. I may just return the board and go with an MSI.

For what it's worth, XMPP is working fine on my Z790 Maximus Hero with DOMINATOR® PLATINUM RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 7000MHz C34 in both 0703 and 0813.

msi has the same problems with xmp .