cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realtek Random Loud Static Z690 Hero

Juice2643
Level 7
I have a very annoying issue, the al4082 chip seems to make random static sound. I have researched and this seems to be an ongoing issue for Realtek chips. I have updated firmware, tried latest drivers, and all other versions, still does it.
Its totally random, Also I am using an Analog headset from Sennheiser.

It's so bad I use a sound card now, which works 100% perfect,
I just need the Realtek to work for airflow reasons.
Anyone else experienced this, issue?

Sounds just like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHLJrZwU-_w&t=69s&ab_channel=%D0%AD%D0%B4%D0%B3%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%9C
4 REPLIES 4

Rusty_Gunn
Level 8
Juice2643 wrote:
I have a very annoying issue, the al4082 chip seems to make random static sound. I have researched and this seems to be an ongoing issue for Realtek chips. I have updated firmware, tried latest drivers, and all other versions, still does it.
Its totally random, Also I am using an Analog headset from Sennheiser.

It's so bad I use a sound card now, which works 100% perfect,
I just need the Realtek to work for airflow reasons.
Anyone else experienced this, issue?

Sounds just like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHLJrZwU-_w&t=69s&ab_channel=%D0%AD%D0%B4%D0%B3%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%9C

i have a z690-f with the realtek alc4080 on it which has a similar usb interface as your 4082. while I don't have that specific problem, it has been a poor experience. mine likes to go to static on the optical out (like constant white noise) and the only way to stop it is to restart the computer or disable/enable the Realtek USB (it is to the point where I have written a script to do it for me...) some drivers are better than others, but none have eliminated it. i get the clicks everytime it starts a new sound, presumable as it is waking up, but i can live with that if the rest was fine.

you could try disabling all the 3rd party components and see if that helps? go into device manager, enable show hidden devices, then disable anything with AVolute, DTS, or SS3.

brannonsweet
Level 7
Soooooooo? Is Asus going to respond to this bug/issue?? It's now 8/2022 and i just bought a brand new board, updated the bios, downloaded the latest drives and have the same issue with this super loud random static....

ASUS? Hello??? What's the fix?

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
I have this on my Z590 Hero. Fix for me was to use the DAC in my speakers with a USB connection to them. This bypasses the Realtek.

I had the issue with the Realtek optical SPDIF. I expect no fix from Asus. Don't think they care. Either that or the Realtek is completely flawed. Either way though it is on Asus.

Now I am in the market for a new router. Why would I buy a router from Asus?

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

zerin
Level 8

It's a shame seeing this issue not addressed by ASUS even though it was posted over a year ago. I too have this issue with my z690 with it connected to a pair of desktop Bose speakers. Like you, I have updated all firmware, drivers & other software that might be helpful. Any other ideas would be welcomed. Thanks!