cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGPU problem- Z690 Hero, I9-12900K, Geforce 3090

RickSinGA
Level 11
I have turned on the IGPU multi-monitor tab in the BIOS advanced\system Agent SA settings but monitor shows no signal? fwiw I am running 3 monitors off the GPU. The monitor I am trying to use works fine on any HDMI port on the GPU. Running Asus BIOS v2103

Any idea what I am missing?
6 REPLIES 6

siposnorbert71
Level 10
13700K!! I was also faced with this, after reading for a long time I realized that Intel® UHD Graphics 770 does not support 2560x1440 144Hz on my monitor, only 2560x1440 resolution is supported at 60Hz. it looks like intel is going back up in time because my 590 card was supported by the 10900k. but it's still nothing, in order to set it, you need another monitor, a 60Hz one, so you can set it, because until then your 1440p monitor is blindingly dark.

RickSinGA I believe the IGPU multi-monitor refers to the iGPU only not so you can use both dedicated and igpu at the same time. I you removed the GPU that IGPU multi-monitor setting would either allow only 1 display or multiple displays. Once a dedicated GPU gets installed it appears to disable the igpu altogether ;/

siposnorbert71 wrote:
13700K!! I was also faced with this, after reading for a long time I realized that Intel® UHD Graphics 770 does not support 2560x1440 144Hz on my monitor, only 2560x1440 resolution is supported at 60Hz. it looks like intel is going back up in time because my 590 card was supported by the 10900k. but it's still nothing, in order to set it, you need another monitor, a 60Hz one, so you can set it, because until then your 1440p monitor is blindingly dark.

Pretty sure thats not the case here. Was about to post a similar thread. As I can't get my 1080p 60Hz display to work if connected to the motherboard when I have a dedicated GPU installed. Without the GPU installed I can run both my 4k display and the 1080p display via the motherboard ports absolutley fine. Once a dedicated GPU is installed the igpu appears to get disabled.

ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4
3070 Ti

Anyone know of a way to enable use of igpu whilst a dedicated GPU is installed?

RickSinGA
Level 11
Thanks for the input guys.

From everything I have seen up to this point I believe you should be able to use both at the same time. The IGPU monitor is an 60Hz monitor so that is not the problem.

siposnorbert71
Level 10
It works without a problem on my 4k/60hz TV, even without a dedicated gpu! but without a dedicated gpu, 2560x1440/ 144hz is dead, I still can't set it to 60hz, I've tried everything, it's a frustrating experience. thanks intel! so I don't think the igpu can do more than 60hz, at least I tried all the variations.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
The max specifications via available display outputs can be found on the Intel Specification page

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134599/intel-core-i912900k-processor-30m-cache-...
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
The max specifications via available display outputs can be found on the Intel Specification page

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134599/intel-core-i912900k-processor-30m-cache-...

Which is fine but that doesn't really help when a 1080p 60hz display is connected as thats fine, until you install a dedicated GPU and then the igpu stops working. Using both a 4k DP display and a 1080 Hdmi at the same time for a month last year while GPU had been RMA'd and sent to manufacturer. Can't get either to show a signal since I installed the GPU. Tried 4k in one and 1080p in the other and then the other way round. Igpu appears to get disabled when a dedicated gpu is installed.

EDIT: Ok mines working now. Disabled multi GPU saved and exited. Enabled it saved and exited and it works. Just a weird bug for me then.

So please ignore my previousincorrect comments on the matter.