cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some B660 mobo with FlashBack

CTEoloAH
Level 7
Hello, can I update ASUS TUF GAMING B660M-PLUS WiFi D4 using BIOS FlashBack or whatever is called that doesn't need a CPU? I don't have 12th gen CPU, I'll buy i5-13500 because at the moment is on sale at my local store at a cost the same as a 13400 and cheaper than a 12500.
Basically, I want to upgrade my PC to 13th Gen and right now I need a B660 mobo because is cheap, I don't have a big budget for Z690 or Z790 that support BIOS FlashBack and I'm searching for a cheap and good motherboard.
Right now, I'm choosing between these:
ASUS TUF GAMING B660M-PLUS WiFi D4
or
GIGABYTE B660M GAMING X AX DDR4
I've checked the Gigabyte model and it has Q-Flash to update the bios without a CPU.
But I'm an Asus fan and if TUF Gaming B660M-Plus WIFI D4 has FlashBack I'll choose an Asus again 🙂
The problem is that I don't see any info about the FlashBack function.
So, can someone tell me if is it possible to update the bios without a CPU or if maybe the Gigabyte mobo is the only way?
Again - I want an Asus, not Gigabyte!
If there is no FlashBack, can you suggest to me some other cheap B660 Asus mobos that have FlashBack?
1 REPLY 1

Nate152
Hello CTEoloAH

Looking at the tech specs, the TUF Gaming B660M-Plus WiFi D4 doesn't have the bios flashback feature.

The ROG Strix B660-A Gaming Wifi does have the bios flashback feature, this motherboard supports DDR5 memory.