cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[drivers] intel ethernet not working plz help

MrGman
Level 7
I need help please anyone at all. I have tried everything, new drivers, old drivers, new windows install, etc etc but this keeps occuring. I get disconnects with error message below. I have a Z690 Maximus extreme SO EXPENSIVE FOR THIS? Anyone have an idea please? Thank you!

The description for Event ID 27 from source e2fexpress cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
2 REPLIES 2

Rdy2Rmbl
Level 7
MrGman wrote:
I need help please anyone at all. I have tried everything, new drivers, old drivers, new windows install, etc etc but this keeps occuring. I get disconnects with error message below. I have a Z690 Maximus extreme SO EXPENSIVE FOR THIS? Anyone have an idea please? Thank you!

The description for Event ID 27 from source e2fexpress cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

any luck fixing it? I am in the same boat as you. just purchased an asus motherboard only to have connection issues with wired ethernet.

after doing some digging, i read that intels i225-V is a defective piece of junk but asus keeps putting them in their motherboards. As you can see, they are on revision (3), basically trying to polish a turd.

I have tried everything to no avail. I really dont want to tear all the components back off this mobo and return it to amazon, but what other choice do i have? could buy a pcie network card, but why should I have to spend money to fix asus' junk

X670 have the same issues. The Device Manager show Ethernet Controller (3). In other thread whene show this it need a nvm update but there is now update for Rev3.