cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot re-install Asus Armoury Crate and all other Asus utilities once uninstalled

74lobster
Level 10
Hi, I type from Italy.

I use Windows 11 Professional (stable release version 22000.376 - Windows Features Experience Pack 1000.22000.376.0) and some time ago I had installed without any problems all these ASUS programs:

- ASUS Armoury Crate & Aura Creator

- ASUS AI Suite 3 V3.01.10 For Windows 11 64-bit
- ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 5 V2.00.92 for Windows 11 64-bit
- ASUS EZ Update V3.00.16 for Windows 11 64-bit
- ASUS System Information V2.00.19 for Windows 11 64-bit

Today I have uninstalled all these programs with their uninstaller tools, but now I cannot re-install again no one of them.

Each time I try to launch a setup of an ASUS program (for example, Aura Creator installer, or any other ASUS program) the installation stops with this error:

"An error occurred while launching the setup.
The remote procedure call failed"

So now I am not able anymore to install all the programs listed up.

I have searched all the possibly solutions on Google, I cleaned also the Windows 11 register with Ccleaner, but no way: ever the same error message appears.

Could someone please help me to fix this issue and install these programs again ?

I attach also a screenshot of the error.

Thanks in advance.
74lobster
2 REPLIES 2

Chainbold
Level 11
74lobster wrote:

I cleaned also the Windows 11 register with Ccleaner.

First of all: In my opinion, Asus "Amoury Crate" is a menace to system performance and storage. You do not need it, nor any of the related software. A clean install of Windows 11, installed my Z690 board with all functions with native Windows drivers.

Secondly, I guess, the reason why you cannot reinstall is that your registry is still full of Armoury Crate entries that block a reinstall - as they indicate it is already installed. CCleaner is by the way not even remotely removing all related entries. I was in the same situation, but the other way around: I wanted to get rid of the Armoury Crate and all related Asus labeled software. "Uninstalling" did not help. I had to manually clean the registry. But even after cleaning the registry (use the search function for "Asus") for days, and removing literally hundreds of entries, there was still "residue".

Further options to clean out "left over" is "IObit uninstaller" https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php and for cleaning the registry "Wise Registry Cleaner". Both are available with basic freeware version. I doubt though it will help you. This Asus software is that much integrating itself in the OS, that the only way to get 100% rid of it seems a Windows clean install.

Allow me to provide additional perspective. First, there are a lot of folks that post regularly here that will advise you to not install or use Armoury Crate and they raise a valid issue. It is known to be problematic and still in active development. In my opinion, anyone using it should have a robust backup system (disc imaging) and perform regular backups. Windows restore points by themselves are not reliable enough in my opinion. The tools needed for disc imaging are a separate drive with space internal/external and the imaging software. Macrium reflect is free for home users, that is what I use. It is very simple to use as well. I can do a full disc image with verification in around 30 minutes, differential backups are running 10 minutes or less. It runs automatically per your preferred schedule. You can continue to use the system while it backs up. Frankly, more users here should be taking the same precaution imho.

Secondly, Armoury Crate is only a menace when its malfunctioning (lol). I have just this morning posted a video demonstrating a perfectly working system with Armoury Crate. My windows reliability meter is going to hit the top notch in another day or so. This will call for a little celebration. Now most of the issues with Armoury Crate for me have been errors from crashing Armoury services that restart by themselves and my system has been running reliably it just was not scoring well because of these crashing and restarting services on boot up. But now that last bugaboo is gone. Your mileage may vary especially depending on the hardware you happen to be using. The Z690 is prettty new. I expect that some issues will occur on these systems.

At this point I have figured out how to safely and effectively disable Arnoury Crate such that even if it is installed it would have zero effect on a system. I also provide advice on tools to do that and more. It is certainly possible to have it installed and have a good running system. But if it does not work with your RGB hardware then it would make little sense to have it. I think thats all I have to say. Got to go pull a car battery out of my old z car. Cya.