cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio still have random pop after driver fix

bagio
Level 7
Hi everyone,

Just recently bought a ROG Strix z690 board and encountered the random audio pop/crackle every now and then. After researching online for this problem turns out there are issues with the ALC4080 chipset and were directed to the driver fix from Asus support website. The thing is, I've updated the driver fix but the issue still remains, although it has significantly reduce the crackle/pop noise. However, the crackle/pop is still noticeable and I used my pc mostly with music and this really bugs me out. I am fairly new to pc so I'm not sure if there is another way to fix this? Any tips, suggestion or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
6 REPLIES 6

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
bagio wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just recently bought a ROG Strix z690 board and encountered the random audio pop/crackle every now and then. After researching online for this problem turns out there are issues with the ALC4080 chipset and were directed to the driver fix from Asus support website. The thing is, I've updated the driver fix but the issue still remains, although it has significantly reduce the crackle/pop noise. However, the crackle/pop is still noticeable and I used my pc mostly with music and this really bugs me out. I am fairly new to pc so I'm not sure if there is another way to fix this? Any tips, suggestion or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

TRY DISABLE fast start up
disable hybernate try it with out waking from sleep
make sure head phones and speakers are set to balanced loudness not the highest one in realtec app panel
Rig # 1 - 14900K SP-115 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.1 R | 4.5 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,400 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | XG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 13900KS-SP-120 | 80 MC @ 5.8 GHZ | 5.0 R | 4.5 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

bass junkie xl wrote:
TRY DISABLE fast start up
disable hybernate try it with out waking from sleep
make sure head phones and speakers are set to balanced loudness not the highest one in realtec app panel

Hi! Thank you for replying! I've tried the advice you've said and unfortunately the crackle/pop is still there. I've also checked that my speakers level are balance as well. I am thinking to reset my bios and running the audio driver fix again, would you think that will help?

MoKiChU
Level 40
bagio wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi,

To begin with :

In a second time :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40).

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Once it's done, regarding your issue, follow these 2 TIPS (also visible at the bottom of the first post of all my audio drivers threads) :

1) Disable hibernation :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
- Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt.

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC.

/!\ Note /!\ : Do not go beyond 48000Hz 24Bits. If you go beyond 48000Hz 24Bits, DTS Sound Unbound will not work, and SS3 may generate crashes or lag spike with some apps/games.

In a third time :

You need these other firmware/drivers for your ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H610/B660/H670/Z690/H710/B760/H770/Z790)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/VMD (6xx/7xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel VMD Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Intel GNA (5xx/6xx/7xx)

[DRIVERS] Intel Serial IO (3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

- Intel Serial IO Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx/7xx

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I225/I226

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AXxxx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8xxx/9xxx/AXxxx

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

To begin with :

In a second time :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40).

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Once it's done, regarding your issue, follow these 2 TIPS (also visible at the bottom of the first post of all my audio drivers threads) :

1) Disable hibernation :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
- Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt.

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC.

Also, if that was not enough to fix your issue, try by disabling PCI Express Link State Power Management in your power plan to avoid L0s/L1 state of PCI Express power management mechanism (Windows Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings of your current power plan > Change advanced power settings > PCI Express > Link State Power Management : Disabled) or by switching directly to the High performance power plan (Windows Control Panel > Power Options > High performance).

/!\ Note /!\ : Do not go beyond 48000Hz 24Bits. If you go beyond 48000Hz 24Bits, DTS Sound Unbound will not work, and SS3 may generate crashes or lag spike with some apps/games.

In a third time :

You need these other firmware/drivers for your ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H610/B660/H670/Z690/H710/B760/H770/Z790)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VMD (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel VMD Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx/7xx

[DRIVERS] Intel GNA (5xx/6xx/7xx)

[DRIVERS] Intel Serial IO (3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

- Intel Serial IO Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx/7xx

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I225/I226

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AXxxx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8xxx/9xxx/AXxxx

Thank you for the very detailed response! I have tried the first advice, which was updating Bios and Realtek USB Audio & Power Delivery driver. Issue still persist and before I go to the second and third step, may I ask if this fix works for i9-12900k as I am seeing that the drivers listed are only up to 7xx series. Sorry to ask this but I am relatively new to pc stuff. Thanks in advance and I really appreciate you!

bagio wrote:
Thank you for the very detailed response! I have tried the first advice, which was updating Bios and Realtek USB Audio & Power Delivery driver. Issue still persist and before I go to the second and third step, may I ask if this fix works for i9-12900k as I am seeing that the drivers listed are only up to 7xx series. Sorry to ask this but I am relatively new to pc stuff. Thanks in advance and I really appreciate you!

Bagio

I have the same problem when you use the Realtek Audio drivers from ASUS website. If you use the driver from when first installed, i.e., default Audio USB (Microsoft Driver) this popping issue goes away, but as soon as you install the Realtek Driver from ASUS's website the problem immediately come back with popping, for what ever reason, this has been a long time issue with the 6.3.XXXXX drivers:mad:

I have other ASUS's motherboards with this driver set and it does the something, if I leave the driver with the default Microsoft version, issue is gone.......

If this is the version drivers set you use....

I've ask for assistance in the past, and no fix has been provided as of yet. I've reinstall Windows 10 Pro many times, it works fine with Microsoft default driver, but not, The drivers ASUS provides......

Hi i seem to have the same issue, i get random latency spikes. Did the windows driver solved the issue? and do i have to uninstall the realtek drivers?