cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS STRIX Z690-F will not post/recognize VGA

clcwolf
Level 7
I am out of ideas and hope this community can help. I have built a new system and it will not complete POST. The system shows white(VGA) and green (BOOT) lights, beeps are one long and three short. I even RMAed the MB and new (recertified) one is doing the exact same thing. Specs and troubleshooting steps taken and boot video below.
What should be my next steps? Could the KF CPU be an issue (no internal graphics)? If I am going to start trying replacement components, what should I start with? RAM is probably out of the question b/c DDR5.

Components:
ASUS STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI
G.SKILL Trident Z5 Series Model F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5S
Intel Core i7-12700KF
(Removed) EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA 12G Graphics Card (12G-P5-3967-KR)
(In for troubleshooting)EVGA GeForce 210 (Small, passive, known good)
m2_1 SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 250GB
Corsair RMx 850 PSU

Troubleshooting done:
Changed slot of GPU, then changed GPU entirely to eliminate power issues.
Changed slot of 2nd GPU
Reseated RAM, CPU, and M.2 Drive
RMAed Motherboard
Complete rebuild in new Mobo, same issue.

Video of boot attempt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N5M5-GBZI8
9 REPLIES 9

bscool
Level 11
Hmm I have 2 12900kf cpus that i have used in z690 Strix d4 and z690 Apex. I have has that issues at times in Strix d4 where it stays on white led. What I did to solve was turn off psu. Then hold clear cmos for 30 seconds and then it booted to bios.

But if you have replaced the MB it sounds like something else. Maybe defective CPU? Not sure.

Have the same problem . I actually bought two z690-a but both same issue trying to get vga to run. Ddr5 same chipset as described in this post. All out of ideas - this Asus motherboard is pants and wasted money on two !

bscool
Level 11
Hmm I have 2 12900kf cpus that i have used in z690 Strix d4 and z690 Apex and they work.

I have has that issues at times in Strix d4 where it stays on white led and monitor screen is black. What I did to solve was turn off psu. Then hold clear cmos for 30 seconds and then it booted to bios and display worked.

Also what monitor do you have? if 144 to 240 HZ EVGA has a new firmware for 3080 ti as on old firmware no bios screen will display with some high refresh rate monitors. I had that issue also in the past.

Otherwise I dont have any ideas sounds like you have covered most things.

Thanks for the response.
I have reset the CMOS before, but I tried the specific way you mentioned with holding down the reset for 30 seconds.
There was no change. I have the rig set up on an older BENQ monitor... definitely not anything like 144hz, but I've also tried it on the AW3423DW.

clcwolf wrote:
Thanks for the response.
I have reset the CMOS before, but I tried the specific way you mentioned with holding down the reset for 30 seconds.
There was no change. I have the rig set up on an older BENQ monitor... definitely not anything like 144hz, but I've also tried it on the AW3423DW.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but did you ever find a solution to your problem? I'm having the same issue. I can get into Windows with integrated graphics, but even in Device Manager it does no pick up any of the graphics cards I have.

I had RMA'ed my old board as DIMM banks A1 & A2 did not work. New board as the DIMM issue with DIMM banks A1 & A2 still not working (B1 & B2 are fine) but not TWO video cards do the following. Q-LED RED/CPU = PASS, = YELLOW/MEM = PASS, WHITE/VIDEO = SOILD, after a few moments little GREEN. These ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F are so bad, it seems

Did you solve this and how?

Did you fix this issue if so what did you do?

ahfoo
Level 13
Check your GPU power connector if you sit them correctly and do the samething with your PSU.