cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus maximus apex z690 + F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5RS

sebagsm
Level 7
hi!

Iam trying to set up this combo for a few days now... on the first run to be stable with xmp. but random crashes in games, on boot and so on (but no errors with xtu or occt)

using the latest bios (0811) but the ram is not yet on the QVL list but other asus mb are already added this ram to QVL:( .

maybe someone with a same combo be so kind to send me the bios settings or maybe some beta bios? 🙂

thanks
21 REPLIES 21

i have the black rgb version of this kit, and have had problems since original bios.
always had BSOD or random freezes with no overclock or XMP.

with the current bios 1101 im testing out xmp1 as a starter and so far been good. but it's still a bit early.
im going to do manual overclock once i know its more stable.

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

I’m using this kit on the Apex and have had up to 6600 working. If on the Apex I’d suggest using the Samsung profiles. MC VDD and SA CPU specific so tune these accordingly.

did you just choose a samsung profile or did you manually tune other things?

mc_suly_514 wrote:
i have the black rgb version of this kit, and have had problems since original bios.
always had BSOD or random freezes with no overclock or XMP.

with the current bios 1101 im testing out xmp1 as a starter and so far been good. but it's still a bit early.
im going to do manual overclock once i know its more stable.

did you just choose a samsung profile or did you manually tune other things?

Set the profile and see what works best. None of these profiles are one size fits all.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

sebagsm
Level 7
had the first crash with 0702 bios using XMP II... will try now VDD, VDDQ 1.4

or jus return my 5200 kingston and wait for the bios update

kvarq
Level 11
lots of ppl dropped the XMP on Asus mobos (Hero, Apex, Strix etc) due to often game crashes (although perfectly stable in miscellaneous tests) and set manually the frequency, primary timings, voltages etc
probably they need more time to sort this out

sebagsm
Level 7
@all
thanks for your help. working fine with the latest bios using the apex sams. presets.

sebagsm wrote:
@all
thanks for your help. working fine with the latest bios using the apex sams. presets.

Those presets are far tighter than XMP, too. That's what they're there for, and what the board is made for

sebagsm wrote:
@all

Are these profiles available in the BIOS under XMP? Sorry for the newb question. I just ordered the Apex board with the same memory kit and I am worried I might have issues as well.

Peconare wrote:
Are these profiles available in the BIOS under XMP? Sorry for the newb question. I just ordered the Apex board with the same memory kit and I am worried I might have issues as well.

They're under the DRAM Timing Configurator page under Memory Presets.

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
They're under the DRAM Timing Configurator page under Memory Presets.

Thank. I see them. Is there a specific one that works or any of them should?

[HTML][/HTML]

Peconare wrote:
Thank. I see them. Is there a specific one that works or any of them should?

[HTML][/HTML]

They're specific to DRAM IC. i.e Samsung single rank, dual rank, and so on.