Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z590-E Gaming Ethernet not working/Can't find secure boot for win11

Cirassel
Level 7
Hello,

I just bought a Asus Rog Strix G35CG
It has a Z590-E Gaming motherboard, i have installed everything but i cannot make the ethernet port function 😞

I have looked up solutions but nothing seems to work so far. I did reached out to Asus support and they sent me the same driver i downloaded...i don't thing that the support from my country is not that highly trained.

The other problem i encountered is that i wanted to install Windows 11 but i can't cause i need to have " Secure boot Enabled ", a feature that i can't find in bios.
I have seen videos on YT with this resolve but all of them have a option i don't and they are with AMD procs.

Thank you for your time!
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi Cirassel,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Have you connected an ethernet cable? Check Ethernet is enabled in the bios. Advanced tab, Onboard Devices Configuration.

Secure Boot is found in the bios on the Boot tab.

Cirassel
Level 7
Hello Nate, thanks!

I have the Ethernet enabled in bios.
And on secure boot tab:
Secure boot state: User ( it is locked )
OS type: Other os/ Windows ( i went with other OS )
Secure boot mode: Custom

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

It doesn't seem to be an issue with the drivers or with the Ethernet controller itself (to see on the side of Windows and your router and Ethernet cable).

Follow this process from Microsoft Support to try to fix your Ethernet connection : https://support.microsoft.com/windows/2311254e-cab8-42d6-90f3-cb0b9f63645f

Regarding BIOS settings for Windows 11, look here : [INFORMATION] Windows 11 : Get Ready