cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which are the bios setting to have processor i9 11900K running ever at 5300 MHz ?

74lobster
Level 10
Hi guys, I have a ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO with bios version 1007.

Which are the right bios setting to have processor i9 11900K running ever at 5300 MHz ?

Thanks in advance.
74lobster
17 REPLIES 17

BigJohnny
Level 13
What cooling are you running is a more important concern.

BigJohnny wrote:

Hi, don't worry I have Corsair H150i Capellix liquid cooler system.
74lobster

BigJohnny wrote:

Told this, have you got some hints to give me in order the topic I opened ?

Thanks
74lobster

74lobster wrote:
Told this, have you got some hints to give me in order the topic I opened ?

Thanks

That was very much on point. A lot of people cant hit clocks due to insufficient cooling.
Im not a fan of AIOs.
What kind of temps are you hitting. Are you hitting any thermal limits?
My 10980XE wouldnt go past 4.6 with a H150 AIO on the bench. Took that off and used a 480 rad with a good water block and Xres 140 and got to 5.1 because my CPU was eating that AIO for breakfast. The 9900K isn't exactly a cool running chip. This could be what is holding you back.

Braegnok
Level 14
OC guide for your i9-11900K chip, Asus XIII Hero, and H150i Capellix cooler, you can expect similar results. https://extremehw.net/all-reviews/11900k-z590-overclocking-guide/

Braegnok wrote:
OC guide for your i9-11900K chip, Asus XIII Hero, and H150i Capellix cooler, you can expect similar results. https://extremehw.net/all-reviews/11900k-z590-overclocking-guide/

Thank you very much, this is an useful answer...
74lobster

74lobster wrote:
Thank you very much, this is an useful answer...

Glad to help, have some fun putting some juice on that new 11900K.

Post some bench results after you get everything dialed in.

Braegnok wrote:
Glad to help, have some fun putting some juice on that new 11900K.

Post some bench results after you get everything dialed in.

Hi, last night I tried different bios settings and I saw that if I put PLL bandwidth = Level 6, the computer freezes and to have access to the bios again, you have to disconnect the power supply for several minutes and, only at that point, the option appears to push F1 and you can see the menu and enter the bios again.
This setting must be very invasive because it does not even allow the PC to turn on. Do you know what it is?
Thanks for any replies and greetings.
74lobster

74lobster wrote:
Hi, last night I tried different bios settings and I saw that if I put PLL bandwidth = Level 6, the computer freezes and to have access to the bios again, you have to disconnect the power supply for several minutes and, only at that point, the option appears to push F1 and you can see the menu and enter the bios again.
This setting must be very invasive because it does not even allow the PC to turn on. Do you know what it is?
Thanks for any replies and greetings.

I might be wrong, but I think it's Bclock (base clock) OC related. Can't remember if higher value is for better OC or stability. Have you increased Bclock while doing OC?