cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog strix z490-i gaming new bios

francisackon
Level 7
Has anyone tried the new bios of ROG STRIX Z490-I GAMING?
I did and upgrade to this new one and my pc kept restarting without stopping
until i did Bios flash back
Any help
73 REPLIES 73

danne_007
Level 7
francisackon wrote:
Any help

i didnt have any problems when i updated the bios.. now it has full windows 11 suport

hankcnyc
Level 7
I had the exact same issue. Had to flash back to the previous version of BIOS. Now waiting for ASUS to release a new BIOS to fix this.

I also encountered this boot loop problem (not even posting) when I tried to enable ReSize BAR support with 0901. At the time I didn't know of the flashback function so had to disconnect my GPU to use my integrated GPU to get the motherboard to boot properly (and entering BIOS again to disable ReSize BAR). This time I initially thought it was the ReSize BAR function causing the issue but disconnecting the GPU didn't work.

kvarq
Level 11
Z490 bioses are FUBAR since the RocketCrap Odyssey, the only solution is to use an older stable bios (if these are still available, as some versions have been removed in the meantime)
Z590 is a mess, now Z490 is the same
the so-called W11 support is on the way, what could go wrong? =))

now seriously, if it is too hard for the Asus technicians to make 10th and 11the running properly in one go, maybe they should release separate versions for each generation, at least to leave clean Z490 for 10th
there is no supervising and quality control of the dev team outcome, if I would be management, I would fire everyone there

Mountainlifter
Level 10
logged in after a long time to report the same thing: Z490-I, flashed to 2301 (using EZflash and later with bios flashback) and it repeatedly turned on and off with no display. I did a bios flashback to 2201 and it is working again. Stressful.

EDIT: In this link, it still says "under testing" next to the Z490-I https://www.asus.com/microsite/motherboard/asus-motherboards-win11-ready/

If all we want is the Win11 support, perhaps we can simply use the manual method mentioned in the link.

Mountainlifter wrote:
logged in after a long time to report the same thing: Z490-I, flashed to 2301 (using EZflash and later with bios flashback) and it repeatedly turned on and off with no display. I did a bios flashback to 2201 and it is working again. Stressful.

EDIT: In this link, it still says "under testing" next to the Z490-I https://www.asus.com/microsite/motherboard/asus-motherboards-win11-ready/

If all we want is the Win11 support, perhaps we can simply use the manual method mentioned in the link.

The manual method with 2201 doesn't seem to work. I turned it on but after reboot it defaulted back to off again.

hankcnyc wrote:
The manual method with 2201 doesn't seem to work. I turned it on but after reboot it defaulted back to off again.

looks like the Z490-I is the runt of the litter that Asus doesn't really give much attention to.

Legolas
Level 9
francisackon wrote:
Any help

Hello francisackon,
It seems if anyone wants to update to latest bios from 2003, you have to ask the Asus repair center to flash it for you.
Sincerely,
Legolas

Snaptrap
Level 10
Every time I reboot my computer, it completely shuts down during bootup while using BIOS 2301. I have a secondary ITX desktop that I built using MSI parts. No problems thus far.

hankcnyc
Level 7
Does anyone know if ASUS monitors user feedback here? I reached out to customer service on this issue and ridiculously they claimed that this is a hardware issue without much investigation, and asked me to do an RMA. It's not even a cross-shipping one which means I'll be out of a motherboard for god knows how long. Super frustrating.