cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XIII Apex Z590 BIOS 1601, 1701, 1801 issue. -Updated-JUL 20. 2023.[SOLVED]

Retry
Level 8

-----Updated-JUL 20. 2023-----

I used a following USB 2.0 adapter.

4 Port USB 2.0 Slot Plate Adapter, USB panel.

port.jpg

Used Headers: 2 Headers.

usb.jpg

Reason: USB Header bug or MB bug itself. We can't say it is Compatibility issue , because it happens only with certain Firmware versions 1601, 1701, 1801. I've tested it with other ASUS MBs. They work fine, no issue at all. But only Z590 APEX has this issue. Old firmwares work fine except  1601, 1701, 1801. It means this is ASUS's fault.

Solution: Remove 4 Port USB 2.0 Slot Plate Adapter, USB panel.

-----------------------------------------------

Issued BIOS Version: 1601, 1701, 1801.(1402 works fine)
Motherboard: Maximus XIII Apex Z590.
Booting Error message: "The computer case is open. Please make sure the computer case is closed properly
then press CTRL + ALT + DEL to continue.
Fatal Error"

This motherboard doesn't have anything about 'Case(Chassis) intrusion function'. There is no BIOS option for it. There is no Header for 'Intrusion' on the motherboard.

Nothing works to solve this issue. I did following things.
1. Clear CMOS with a jumper.
2. Clear CMOS with a battery.
3. Pull out all of Components and reconnect.
4. And I did everything.

There is another issue with BIOS 1701. You can't go back to previous BIOS in the BIOS Menu. You have to use BIOS FlashBack button if you want to go back to previous BIOS.
This company ASUS doesn't even know what they make and what's going on. Are you kidding me?

There is another issue with BIOS 1801. It was hard and impossible to rollback with BIOS FlashBack.

After update 1402 to 1801. I had to try so many times to rollback. It worked only for 1701. It took so many times though. What's wrong with ASUS?

<Failed Rollbacks with BIOS FlashBack>

1402 >> 1801 >> 1701 : Works. I tried many times. But it works.

1701 >> 1601: Doesn't work.

1701 >> 1402: Doesn't work.

1701 >> rest of old firmware: Doesn't work. 

I used over 20 USB drives. None of them works.

15 REPLIES 15

pitderbeste
Level 8
Hi Retry,

As you know, I have the same problem and haven't found a solution yet.
Did you find a way to solve the problem?

It's a pity that nobody from Asus reports here and says something about it.

PiT

pitderbeste wrote:
Hi Retry,

As you know, I have the same problem and haven't found a solution yet.
Did you find a way to solve the problem?

It's a pity that nobody from Asus reports here and says something about it.

PiT

No. There is no solution. I've tried everything I could do like I said before. ASUS doesn't care about this motherboard for sure.

Vasily_Nagornyk
Level 7
What the.. I have flashed 1701 and see that crap every time I turn my PC on afer the turning ful power off. So, as I see here there is no any solution of that.. This is pathetic! I waited for 2 months for my pcie 4.0 issue whith RTX 4090 and then I have to wait next 2 months for the new bios to solve that stupid crtap. Thank you ASUS!

Johnips
Level 8
Retry wrote:
Issued BIOS Version: 1601, 1701.(1402 works fine)
Motherboard: Maximus XIII Apex Z590.
Booting Error message: "The computer case is open. Please make sure the computer case is closed properly
then press CTRL + ALT + DEL to continue.
Fatal Error"

This motherboard doesn't have anything about 'Case(Chassis) intrusion function'. There is no BIOS option for it. There is no Header for 'Intrusion' on the motherboard.

Nothing works to solve this issue. I did following things.
1. Clear CMOS with a jumper.
2. Clear CMOS with a battery.
3. Pull out all of Components and reconnect.
4. And I did everything.

There is another issue with BIOS 1701. You can't go back to previous BIOS in the BIOS Menu. You have to use BIOS Flash Back button if you want to go back to previous BIOS.
This company ASUS doesn't even know what they make and what's going on. Are you kidding me?

Just reset the Bios. Problem solved.

Johnips wrote:
Just reset the Bios. Problem solved.

What are you talking about? Don't you know what the BIOS Clear means? This issue can't be solved without a new BIOS from ASUS. RESET doesn't work at all. I'm pretty sure you don't have this motherboard.

Same issue here with no solution. Just going to have to wait for them to update again.

timetoy
Level 7
Same issue here. "The computer case is open. Please make sure the computer case is closed properly
then press CTRL + ALT + DEL to continue."

timetoy wrote:
Same issue here. "The computer case is open. Please make sure the computer case is closed properly
then press CTRL + ALT + DEL to continue."

Motherboard: Maximus XIII Z590 HERO
Issued BIOS Version: 1701

Error message: "The computer case is open.
Please make sure the computer case is closed properly then press CTRL + ALT + DEL to continue.
Fatal Error"

Solution for me:
I have disabled in BIOS this Setting: "ErP Ready"
(BIOS/ Advanced/ Advanced\APM Configuration /ErP Ready).
Problem solved, but now the lights from RAZER Deathader Elite don't turn off.

nobody7394 wrote:
Motherboard: Maximus XIII Z590 HERO
Issued BIOS Version: 1701

Error message: "The computer case is open.
Please make sure the computer case is closed properly then press CTRL + ALT + DEL to continue.
Fatal Error"

Solution for me:
I have disabled in BIOS this Setting: "ErP Ready"
(BIOS/ Advanced/ Advanced\APM Configuration /ErP Ready).
Problem solved, but now the lights from RAZER Deathader Elite don't turn off.

There is no solution unless ASUS release a new firmware. But they don't. If you disable "ErP Ready" you can't use WOL and a lot more functions.
You may have problem with Keyboard LED, Mouse LED, USB devices, USB ports and more.