cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XII Hero PCIe 4.0 Compatible?

REM48
Level 7
So what's the deal? Is this PCIe 4.0 compatible or not?
5 REPLIES 5

Saltgrass
Level 13
You can probably do your own research. According to what I read, it will be 4.0 compatible but since the 11th gen processor is not yet available, no way for us to test.

There was one poster who stated they already had the new processor, you might look for that thread and ask there.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
You can probably do your own research. According to what I read, it will be 4.0 compatible but since the 11th gen processor is not yet available, no way for us to test.

There was one poster who stated they already had the new processor, you might look for that thread and ask there.
I have done my own research. There's no official answer out there yet.

Also, this is the official Asus forums. This should be the place we can get official answers from Asus people. They should know by now whether there's going to be support for this or not. Rocket Lake goes up for sale March 30th. I read the guy's post you are talking about and he can't get things working properly, because he has a processor he's not supposed to have yet. So nothing reliable can be taken from him.

REM48 wrote:
I have done my own research. There's no official answer out there yet.

Also, this is the official Asus forums. This should be the place we can get official answers from Asus people. They should know by now whether there's going to be support for this or not. Rocket Lake goes up for sale March 30th. I read the guy's post you are talking about and he can't get things working properly, because he has a processor he's not supposed to have yet. So nothing reliable can be taken from him.

This forum is, like many others, a user's forum. Not many ASUS folks hanging around. Not really sure why you would assume it was a technical support site.

The 11th gen processor is supposed to be released in the first quarter. You say March 30th, who knows, because I have seen March 15th mentioned. All I know for sure is Intel said they left an upgrade path to the 11th gen with Z490 boards.. The processor release may not be that relevant since it took me 2 months to get the 10900K.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?122876-Asus-Maximus-Extreme-XII-Z490-PCI-4-Support-with-Ro...
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
This forum is, like many others, a user's forum. Not many ASUS folks hanging around. Not really sure why you would assume it was a technical support site.

The 11th gen processor is supposed to be released in the first quarter. You say March 30th, who knows, because I have seen March 15th mentioned. All I know for sure is Intel said they left an upgrade path to the 11th gen with Z490 boards.. The processor release may not be that relevant since it took me 2 months to get the 10900K.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?122876-Asus-Maximus-Extreme-XII-Z490-PCI-4-Support-with-Ro...
March 16th is when they make the release date announcement. March 30th is the actual day of release. This has been verified by more than 1 reputable site. Not going to link you, because as you told me, you can do your own research. Which apparently you're not very good at.

Keep being a passsive-agreessive douche. You're not hurting me at all. You don't actually know anything and are quite useless. Now go report me to a mod, so you can get your kicks. That's your crybaby little ***** style, not mine.

Adios.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
LOL on this being an official channel.

From what I have seen it will support 4.0 for the GPU only. There will be problems at first, yes. You will still be limited by the DMI speed of the z490.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case