cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus xii extrême bios 2301 how to enable secure boot

TOR2020
Level 7
hi friends i'm french so sorry for my google-style english

I have a problem with my maximus xii extreme I want to enable secure boot but I can't do it if someone could help me step by step I succeeded for the TPM but not for the secure boot I have updated the bios with the 2301 the latest
2 REPLIES 2

Mister_Benson
Level 9
TOR2020 wrote:
hi friends i'm french so sorry for my google-style english

I have a problem with my maximus xii extreme I want to enable secure boot but I can't do it if someone could help me step by step I succeeded for the TPM but not for the secure boot I have updated the bios with the 2301 the latest

it's not complicated, in your BIOS go to startup parameters, then secure startup, key management and there you install the default security keys, and you're done. in the pasage I am also French.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
1. You have to have a boot disk that is GPT with a EFI boot partition. It can't be MBR.
2. You need to disable CSM (CSM is the legacy boot mode) in BIOS boot section.
3. You need to have Secure boot set to Windows and not "Other OS". Other OS basically disables secure boot.

In that order.

Hopefully #1 is already taken care of.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case