cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought 2nd Asus x570 CH 8 formula... leaking from motherboard's wb...not happy atm.

masterskop
Level 7

Hi,

I working on a build for my niece's husband.  He's never had a computer.  To cut to the chase the Asus CH8 formula board was leaking water out by the bottom left screw area.  Either there is no rubber seal or it's not installed correctly from the manufacturer near the bottom left 1/4" thread port.  The water flowed onto the cover shroud and out the bottom left of the motherboard.  I had an 5800x3d and 7900xt vid card.  I'm sending back the motherboard back to Amazon for a refund.  Does anyone know if (and it is Asus' fault on this) they'll replace the cpu, ram, and gpu if they are damaged due to electrical shorting of the board?  Before the motherboard's water block leaked I was able to upgrade the bios, reboot and the left led indicator on the board went as for as CMOS code error and then the water was coming out from under the shroud.  There were no visible leaks from any of the 1/4" ports.  So, I took the back plate off the motherboard and unscrewed the plastic front cover.  Took the front cover off.  There was a little water down the left side of the motherboard pcb and looking at the backside of the cover there was water in it.  I don't think that there was damage on the motherboard.  But I'm not an expert.  So, I'm doing a return / refund for the board via Amazon.   I'm still within the 30 day limit for a free refund/return do to the defect.  My next purchase will be the Asus x570 CH8 dark hero for his build.

Questions:

1. Doesn't Asus test the waterblocks before packaging?

2. Does anyone know since this is a severe manufacturing defect with the waterblock, will Asus replace the other components if they got damaged due to the water leak (electrical shortage)?

0 REPLIES 0