cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bios 1701 problems

afanselcuk
Level 7
WORKAROUND FIX: SVID SUPPORT DISABLE

2 hours ago I saw the new bios update 1701 and updated my bios. I used USB stick to update. After the update, I cant boot into windows. I have 2 m2 SSD pcie express 3.0. When my pc tries to go into windows, it just freezes. I have to cut the power. I can go into bios but cant even boot into USB to try reformating windows. When I try to boot into USB it freeze again. Also I tried to roll back bios to the previous version using flashback and Ez flash, I get not proper bios file error. Also, flashback just stuck with green light.

TLDR: Cant boot into windows, freezes.
Flashback and Ez Flash wont let me rollback.

I managed to roll back to older version but problem still persists. When pc try to boot m2 ssd or windows usb. It freezes. It was working just fine before I update this version. What would be the cause to freeze when loading windows or usb stick.
30 REPLIES 30

I_Funky_I
Level 9
Specs?

Intel 11700k
Rog Strix Z590 E-Gaming
Msi Gtx 1080 Gaming X / Will upgrade in 2 days. Thats why ş went for bios.
Samsung 970 evo plus
Kingston KC2500
Corsair 32g

New bios update changed something and even though it detects ssds just freezes when about the boot...

I removed ssds and try to boot into windows usb and get blue screen: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

I run memtest just fine, but as soon as try to boot freezes. Last code A0 on led.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Disable XMP and report if the issue persists.

If the issue is persisting after rolling back to the build you were using prior, the problem isn't the UEFI build and more likely to be settings that were defined previously that now aren't.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Disable XMP and report if the issue persists.

If the issue is persisting after rolling back to the build you were using prior, the problem isn't the UEFI build and more likely to be settings that were defined previously that now aren't.

I rolled back to 1601 and did not fix the issue. Then I tried 1402 and 1301 still the same.

But I can't even boot into USB to format my drives. It just hangs on loading (asus logo). Do you think all about bios settings? Also I got 7F error code after upgrading latest version.

Shark007
Level 10
I suggest to remove to GPU and try using only the iGPU

Shark007 wrote:
I suggest to remove to GPU and try using only the iGPU

This is so weird it was working perfectly fine before I update bios. Tried without GPU still the same. I can not load into windows or any other USB.

Here all stock bios 1701

https://streamable.com/87w17x

And the problem

https://streamable.com/qbo6xy

edit: fixed- really no one can help this issue?

I looked for the previous screenshots of my bios settings and found out the problem. New bios enabled memory scramble, which was ducking my whole system somehow. I disable it and worked. Also, I have to note, you need to convert your USB flash to MBR to be able to use flashback bios. Full UEFI GPT system uses MBR weirdly...

afanselcuk wrote:
I looked for the previous screenshots of my bios settings and found out the problem. New bios enabled memory scramble, which was ducking my whole system somehow. I disable it and worked. Also, I have to note, you need to convert your USB flash to MBR to be able to use flashback bios. Full UEFI GPT system uses MBR weirdly...
Can you tell me where this setting is to turn off memory scramble?