cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Maximus XIII Apex - Issue bios all higher versions then 1301

karakan08
Level 7
Hi All,

After being patient and hoping for a solution from ASUS, I had actually had enough of it....so here comes my story with the Q-code 99.

Purchased my Z590 Maximus XIII Apex, estimated a year and half ago - everyting fine, bios version 1301. After a few months I saw that bios version 1402 was released, let's give it a try I thought...stuck at the famous Q-code 99. I did literally everything you can imagen, remove USB's, remove ram, remove gpu, remove cpu, remove ssd's, you name it - I did it.

Eventually I got tired, booted up my pc, stuck at Q-code 99...and I grabbed my cellphone to do some more research, all of the sudden (after a min or 2) my PC continued booting up. :eek:

Anyways did a restart, booted up instantly. HMMMMM....
shut down the device, left it off for around 15 mins
next boot BAM Q-code 99...left the device sitting for around 2 mins, continued booting
:eek::eek::eek: send an email to the asus support, never received an answer...anyways I got fedup with the long boot times eventually I went back to 1301.

later on, 1601 came out...exactly the same story.
Guess what now we have 1701...exactly the same story.

I can't believe that I'm the only one that is experiencing this???
1 REPLY 1

EnvyYou
Level 7

Looking though the forums and i can say im in your exact position except no matter how long i leave my PC on it will be stuck on the "Republic of Gamers Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting" with either Error Code 99 or A2.

Im on 1301 and it works fine, 1701, 1601 and 1402 all have issues for me.

I have contacted ASUS but no reply yet i will be following up till they do