cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is Comparable?

J_Bish
Level 10

Have the Crosshair Formula VIII, wont be upgrading till bugs are worked out with newer hardware, but am curious which would be a comparable upgrade? I'm assuming this one

Maybe someone with more real world usage can chime in... Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Murph_9000
Level 14

It depends, there's not really just one answer.  The Extreme is EATX and has the sideways cables on the right side, so kinda EATX++ for case size once you allow for cabling.  The Formula is above the Hero in the lineup, so Extreme is your choice if you want a bit more than the Hero offers.

If it's all about custom loop, the Hero + the EKWB monoblock lets you create a DIY X670E Formula for the VRM cooling.

Nate152

Hello J-Bish,

You could save a few bucks and go with the top of the line Strix motherboard.

The ROG Strix X670E Gaming Wifi is an excellent choice, you pretty much get everything comparing it to a Maximus board. It has a clear cmos button, a bios flashback button and the LED Q-code read out.

It has two 8-pin cpu power connectors just like the Maximus boards too. 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz DDR5 memory would pair nice.

Amazon.com: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi 6E Socket AM5(LGA 1718) Ryzen 7000 ATX Gaming Motherb...

J_Bish
Level 10

I just meant feature wise... 😋

Nate152

If there are particular features you want, you can check the Tech Specs of any ASUS motherboard.

As an example, here is the motherboard I listed above.

ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI | ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI | Gaming Motherboards|ROG - Republic o...

It makes it hard to compare because of mismatched features on the site... So was just curious from the ASUS Gurus....

Nate152

Consider what features are important to you, this can help narrow down choices.