cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vertical mount 780ti? needs to be overclockable and sli ready. gpu advice!

Twiggs
Level 7
My case and cpu cooler need to lay flat and so I need a gpu that performs well vertically. Does anyone have a good suggestion of what I should buy?

I would like the card to be:
nvidia 780ti
highly overclockable
sli ready
water coolable, but good on air

I wanted a matrix780ti, but I am starting to believe they woun't be coming to the USA (but if they do; It would be my first pick). Since this card is heat-pipe cooled I might be wasting money. I haven't tried watercooling but I might give it a try if that's what its going to take to get great performance. I also intend to move the gpu to my next build, so it needs to be available for a year or two so I can buy more.

I think I should get the asus 780ti (non-matrix). It's a great card and I can buy them cheap. but do they need custom waterblocks? would I be missing out if I don't buy a matrix?

Really I just need a second opinion because i'm indecisive!
1 REPLY 1

Heini
Level 11
"My case and cpu cooler need to lay flat and so I need a gpu that performs well vertically."

By vertically, I assume you mean the MB mounts flat as like when viewing it box? My boards lies flat and any cards should be happier as it takes a lot of load from the sockets and pcb's. Highly overclockable, sli ready and good on air are easy enough with any cards as long as you have good air flow.

"I think I should get the asus 780ti (non-matrix). It's a great card and I can buy them cheap."
If I could get them cheap that's thats what I would do.