cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.1 & DisplayPort issues with ROG Crosshair VIII Hero + Ryzen 3950X + 980 Ti

kunstwerk
Level 7
I'm having 2 issues with my system, which I'm hoping can be corrected with BIOS or driver updates instead of having to do an RMA:

1. My USB 3.1 ports are unstable when reading and writing to attached devices. So far my Samsung T5 SSD and my Canon 5D Mk IV are affected.
With the Samsung, I consistently get read/write errors, both under Windows and Linux. The Samsung firmware is up to date and has been reformatted and tested more than once. Windows and all drivers are up-to-date.
With the Canon, when I try to import images from the camera connected via USB cable, my editing software crashes immediately when trying to build previews. This is because the USB device becomes unstable. All Windows and Canon software/drivers are up-to-date.
IMPORTANT: Neither of these problems occur when I use the USB 2.0 ports on my computer!

2. I only get a signal from my GPU's DisplayPort outputs after Windows boots. I only see the BIOS when I connect a monitor via HDMI. I have updated the firmware of my 980 ti to the latest version using Nvidia's tool specifically designed to deal with this DisplayPort issue. For me the problem is still there.

Does anyone else have these problems? Or is my board just defective?

My system:
ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570
Ryzen 3950X
Corsair H150i water cooling
G.Skill DDR4 3600 (listed in QVL) clocked at 3200 in the BIOS (the system won't boot if set above 3266!)
GTX 980 Ti GPU
2x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 SSDs
550 W PSU Platinum - calculated to offer a surplus of an unneeded 100 W
0 REPLIES 0