cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for mini-USB type C in Evolv X front panel

Black4
Level 8
New system case, a Fanteks Evolv X, which has mini-USB type C in the front panel. Beautiful case and a dream to build in.

I had a Strix B550 board which has type C in the back but not a separate connector for the front panel.

So I bought an adapter board but now realize that the front panel type C cable is too short.

Any suggestions for type C extension cables to get the front panel type C operational?
A Republic of Gamers heart.

The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
I had a similar situation with a board lacking a fp type c header. I decided on an adapter that allows you to connect that cable to a regular USB 3 header on your board. Speeds won't be quite as high as a native 3.2 Gen2 header but the port works and if your cable is long enough to reach one of the existing headers you won't need an extension.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Black4
Level 8
Love that suggestion xeormist!
Might you have a weblink to that adapter, because I'd love to do the same thing as you have done 🙂

I'd love to have all the front panel plugs operational, but I don't need them to support their maximum data transfer rates. I'd be fine if the mini-USB type C were limited to USB 2.0 transfer rates, for example

Is this the adapter you are referring to in your reply above?
A Republic of Gamers heart.

The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

xeromist
That one looks like what I have. Given the low budget design I have no idea how consistent the quality is but mine seems to work OK. As long as you order from Amazon you can return it if you get a dud.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…