cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog strix Z490 E-gaming. realtek control panel.

cruelth-stn
Level 7
Hello to everyone,
I'm looking for the old sound panel of the motherboard I use.
I tried 10 drivers but could not find the driver with the old panel.
my operating system win 10 X64.
I am looking for the driver in the second picture I added.
I hope anyone can help. thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

The second capture represents Realtek HD Audio Manager which is linked to HDA/Legacy drivers which are obsolete for your motherboard.

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

However if you want to have the legacy drivers with Realtek HD Audio Manager at all costs, know that you will lose at least DTS Sound Unbound & SSVM, and in the worst case you will lose DTS Sound Unbound & SS3/SR3/SSVM depending on the HDA drivers you choose from install :

Without DTS Sound Unbound & SSVM :

You can use Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously the CLEANUP process of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category, but instead of uninstalling SS2 apps uninstall SS3 & SR3 apps, then follow scrupulously the INSTALL process of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category, but instead of installing SS2 apps install SS3 & SR3 apps :

- Sonic Studio III Win32/Legacy v3.6.45.60920 : Link
- Sonic Radar III Win32/Legacy v3.6.45.60920 (Optional) : Link

Without DTS Sound Unbound & SS3/SR3/SSVM :

You can use Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF DTS&RTK MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously the CLEANUP process then the INSTALL process of ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF Realtek motherboards category.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

The second capture represents Realtek HD Audio Manager which is linked to HDA/Legacy drivers which are obsolete for your motherboard.

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

However if you want to have the legacy drivers with Realtek HD Audio Manager at all costs, know that you will lose at least DTS Sound Unbound & SSVM, and in the worst case you will lose DTS Sound Unbound & SS3/SR3/SSVM depending on the HDA drivers you choose from install :

Without DTS Sound Unbound & SSVM :

You can use Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously the CLEANUP process of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category, but instead of uninstalling SS2 apps uninstall SS3 & SR3 apps, then follow scrupulously the INSTALL process of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category, but instead of installing SS2 apps install SS3 & SR3 apps :

- Sonic Studio III Win32/Legacy v3.6.45.60920 : Link
- Sonic Radar III Win32/Legacy v3.6.45.60920 (Optional) : Link

Without DTS Sound Unbound & SS3/SR3/SSVM :

You can use Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF DTS&RTK MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously the CLEANUP process then the INSTALL process of ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF Realtek motherboards category.

thanks for help,

I am sorry I could not explain my problem completely.
When I install the drivers you provided, it looks like the first picture.
after doing a good clean, i installed a lot of drivers.
I could not find a driver like the second picture.

cruelth-stn wrote:
thanks for help,

I am sorry I could not explain my problem completely.
When I install the drivers you provided, it looks like the first picture.
after doing a good clean, i installed a lot of drivers.
I could not find a driver like the second picture.

Hi,

As I explained to you previously, HDA/Legacy drivers are obsolete for your motherboard and are not intended to work with your motherboard, if you want to end up with all the functionality of your motherboard, you don't have to other choice than to use the UAD drivers.

Riekopo
Level 9
I have the ROG Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard. I am resetting my PC soon with an upgrade to CPU and cooler. I would like to get the latest audio driver for my system. The one listed on the motherboard support page is Version 6.0.1.8746 from 2019/12/03. So over a year old. Is there a newer one available?

I have been using Google to investigate Realtek audio drivers and it's very confusing. I went to the Realtek website but it's a very bad website and I don't understand it. Realtek does a really bad job at providing support for their audio components it seems to me.

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-vi-extreme-model/helpdesk_download/

I would like to get the latest drivers for all my motherboard components. But I don't know where to look. Many of the drivers listed on the motherboard support page are old.

Hi I just assembled my rig with asus rog strix b550f gaming wifi mobo. After installing audio i found out that it doesn’t have normal realtek audio control panel but some crappy window store app. There is no jack re-tasking or speaker fill option present.

Whenever i hear music on yt music what i used to do is that i re-task rear and center to front or use speaker fill, so that all of them plays the same stream but their is no option on this motherboard. I remember when i had asus maximus 6 hero it also doesn’t have jack re-tasking but speaker fill was there.

Please tell me how do you stream music to all your speakers?