cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a problem I'm having.

Arriva-Northern
Level 7
Hi Everyone, I'm Pete And now I'm Able to post here I'm Hoping to ask for some help.

So For years I Have wanted to build a gaming pc or just a pc that was half decent been using laptops since 2013 and always said that I Was going to build a PC And be able to do the stuff I Do and needed to do for all them years but never could.

My Specs are below,

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Memory: 64 GB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - PRIME Z390-A
Video Cards: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
Monitors: CJG5_C32JG5xQQ (DP)
Hard Disk Main C/: Drive: Kingston 1TB (1000GB) A2000 SSD M.2

So One problem I Have gotten only since getting the graphics card now as allot of people will know 2020 late 2020 around the end of November when building this graphics cards were hard to find or get hold of originally I Was going to get the Asus ROG RX 5700 XT. Problem was there was not one anywhere to be found the company I Paid for one with at first still don't have them in stock but being as I Had the Intel I9 I Was using the onboard graphics which were nothing to write home about !.

So when I Looked on eBay there was one place selling the RX 5600 XT And it was a company on eBay who build PC's this had only been opened to test in a pc build but the buyer pulled out of the sale so meant they needed to sell the card on so on Christmas eve I Got my refund from the original source I Paid for the RX 5700 XT And the company on eBay kept this card back for me and I paid straight away for it and on Monday the 28th of December I Got the card and got it straight in no problems at all until I Started Train Simulator then it kept crashing and non stop weird screen tearing and green pixels but an update to the cards bios finally fixed that 🙂 After certain updates to the graphics drivers I Get that type problem in Train Simulator but it is all good now and fixed.

The next main problem I'm getting since installing the card is I'm A Person who plays simulators and one of them simulators is a bus simulator called OMSI 2 (Not the best sim in the world but most realistic) But for some reason all drivers are up to date when I P{lug my steering wheel in it crashes the graphics non stop the screen keeps flashing on and off as soon as it is connected and I Try to move the mouse or open something I Have also tried different USB Ports still the same problem. I Never had this problem with my processor onboard graphics so the problem has only started to happen since putting the graphics card in looking online I Seen one post but can't find it now saying it seemed to be a problem with ASUS Tek cards and to update the Xbox/Microsoft pc game drivers after doing this there was still no fix it still done the exact same thing.

I Thought maybe it could be the wheel being so old but it still works fine on my dads pc his uses an Nvidia card at the end of the day id not mind buying a new steering wheel if that could be the cause but I Don't want to waste allot of money on a new wheel to find out that was not the problem in the first place.

Sorry for such a long first post and I Hope this is the right section for this post. Thanks for reading this and listening to the problem,

Regards, Pete. 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

AS185
Level 10
Well Pete,
I'd first test the graphics card on a different system that is stable. If it works fine there then you know there's something wrong with yours. If the graphics card doesn't work then if's faulty. I'm thinking that there's something wrong with your PC. Is your computer overclocked? Processor? Random access memory perhaps? How about the power supply? Looking at the system outline, I'd suggest a good 750 watt power supply. It may seem as too much however from personal experience having more wattage has always worked out positively. Your case, does it have sufficient airflow? Is the processor cooled by air or by all-in-one water cooling source? How are the temperatures? When the error happens, do you hear the graphics card working extremely loud?

AS185 wrote:
Well Pete,
I'd first test the graphics card on a different system that is stable. If it works fine there then you know there's something wrong with yours. If the graphics card doesn't work then if's faulty. I'm thinking that there's something wrong with your PC. Is your computer overclocked? Processor? Random access memory perhaps? How about the power supply? Looking at the system outline, I'd suggest a good 750 watt power supply. It may seem as too much however from personal experience having more wattage has always worked out positively. Your case, does it have sufficient airflow? Is the processor cooled by air or by all-in-one water cooling source? How are the temperatures? When the error happens, do you hear the graphics card working extremely loud?

Hi mate ! Sorry for such a late reply never thought id get a reply to this topic after keep checking and seeing nothing.

Well number one the PC Is a brand new build. This is my spec's below,

CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB Tower

Asus PRIME Z370-A Intel LGA 1151 ATX motherboard with M.2 Heatsink, DDR4 4000MHz, Dual M.2, Intel Optane memory ready, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C RGB Motherboard.

Intel Core i9-9900K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 5.0GHz Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W (BX806849900K)

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4 2666 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 Enthusiast RGB LED Illuminated Memory Kit - Black

Asus ROG STRIX RX5600 XT OC, 6GB DDR6, PCIe4, HDMI, 3 DP, 1770MHz Clock, RGB Graphics Card

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooling System - Proven Performance - 4 Continuous Direct Contact Heat Pipes, 120mm PWM Fan
Main C Drive is a Kingston SA2000M81000G NVME 1TB

No overclocking as I Don't have no plans of trying anything like that till I Get my Corsair CPU Watercooler and new fans but no the card is not working hard the pc is not hot at all and it's all running perfectly fine when getting these things happening. I Have sent a crash report for every single time this has happened the card is not overclocked so because graphics cards are like gold dust at this time in life. (I Bought this card from eBay it was from a pc building system place there buyer had pulled out the card was only ever put in to install windows 10 on to the pc and to see it was working then it was taking out I Bought it after getting a refund from the same place id went to originally for the RX5700 which I Could not get anywhere it took me years of having to use laptops to eventually get a loan and then finally build a proper gaming pc but when it came to getting a graphics card it was not happening so the day I Seen this I Had to go for it otherwise I Was stuck using the intel I9 Onboard graphics, Which was literally no good at all to do stuff with.

So I Have been trouble shooting non stop over the past few days things have been fine I Used the AMD Tool to take off all installed drivers and after it had one more issue on reinstalling the newest drivers it was all fine and had one more problem since then where it crashed the simulator I Was playing at the time which is when I Sent another crash report. Since then though stuff has been working fine so I'm hoping that it is going to work right from now on 🙂

I Will post back on anymore problems I Get but I Think the card is faulty though I May be wrong so for the time being it is just a waiting game thanks for the help I'll let you know how it goes thanks for the reply and help there bud !

Regards,
Pete.

MasterRedLux
Level 7

Hello I have a problem with my 5600xt oc, it’s not being detected in aura sync. I tried install and reinstall armoury crate but still not detected. I only updated everything in armory crate and now video card not detected and my mice is crp disabled. Ughhh