cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO and Ryzen 9 3900X (after asus ez tune)

KILLERMANTV
Level 7
Hello,
A couple of days ago i got my pc upgrade, which was ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO and Ryzen 9 3900x, guys at store already updated bios so it supports new ryzen.

I installed os, played it in for a little bit and then i went to bios to set time, ram frequency and set cpu overclock things to auto, and i remember setting some sort of boost to enabled.

When i was scooping around bios, i found this tool called Asus ez tune, i gave it try, then it restarted, i let it be for like 5 mins, then i came back and nothing.

Then i tried using safe boot, retry button and clear cmos button, nothing, all the rgb starts shining but on monitor there's nothing, not even bios screen that says F2 or Delete to enter bios. (I got 2 codes E8 or 8E (can't remember which one) and after a while - 0C on that little screen and vga light shines white.)

I already gave my pc back to store where i got the it so they can reflash bios with older native cpu, because they said that bios somehow reseted itself before the support update for ryzen 9.

But my question is, that latest bios update on asus support site that is 6 days old now, does it support the new ryzen 9 ?
And also does this ever happened to someone when using asus ez tune, and possible fix ?

Thanks for help.
Lukas
2 REPLIES 2

purecain
Level 9
the reason you had problems, was most likely due to the system hanging while trying to set up your cpu. It could of possibly restarted an hour down the line and given you what it thought were appropriate settings. if you restart the bios whilst this is all working I would imagine it could corrupt the bios. re-flashing the bios is the answer at this point anyway.

I wouldn't use the ez tune software in future...!!! good luck buddy!
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal

purecain wrote:
the reason you had problems, was most likely due to the system hanging while trying to set up your cpu. It could of possibly restarted an hour down the line and given you what it thought were appropriate settings. if you restart the bios whilst this is all working I would imagine it could corrupt the bios. re-flashing the bios is the answer at this point anyway.

I wouldn't use the ez tune software in future...!!! good luck buddy!

Thanks man for your help, but I already gave my pc to repair service, they called me yesterday that they weren't able to revive it even with older ryzen, so they are going to send it back to asus and give me a new one.