cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Z390-P

RustyBaker
Level 7
Hello,

I've been trying to resolve an issue with the ASUS Z390-P motherboard that I purchased recently. I have an i5-9500 in it, and I have the BIOS update downloaded onto a flash drive, but I am unable to access the BIOS to even update it. Upon starting the computer, I get the ASUS splash screen prompting me to hit F2 or DEL, but when I do, nothing happens and I land at an error page that shows it recognizes all of my hardware (RAM, CPU, Storage), but says, "Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB over current status detected!! System will shut down after 15 seconds."

Now, I am using a Razer keyboard, so is it possible that the system is not recognizing the keyboard in time for me to hit the key to enter BIOS setup?

I have tried removing the CMOS battery and putting it back in, but maybe I didn't leave it out of the slot long enough?

I'm starting to feel a little silly here, because I'm baffled as to what has gone wrong.
1 REPLY 1

RustyBaker
Level 7
Since there doesn't seem to be much traction, can anyone tell me if ASUS technical/customer support is going to be helpful in resolving this?