cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build on a ASUS ROG Strix B450-F: ARGB Hookup

TH_SEDM
Level 7
Hello all,

I’ve been ordering parts and planning out a new ARGB build for a new PC using an Asus ROG STRIX B450-F and I was wondering if I could get some advice regarding how to hook up the ARGB on that board as it only includes RGB headers and no 1011 headers for ARGB.

The ARGB components I am trying to connect for use with Aura Sync are:
-Three Fan Master Cooler 120mm Kit
-Master Cooler Masterliquid 240R AIO Kit*

I was thinking I might be able to hook the passthrough of the 3 fan kit to one of the ARGB ports on the AIO hub kit and then hook the RGB passthrough on the AIO hub into the board’s RGB header but I figured I’d check here first because I don’t want to fry any of my components or the board itself.*

I am unsure of whether any of you have experience with this motherboard and fan setup or not but figured it was worth a shot. Thank you in advance!*
1 REPLY 1

TH_SEDM
Level 7
Got the build working. Operating system has been installed. Still looking for an answer to this but I think I might have to contact Asus and Cooler Master support since no one has an answer for me yet which is fine. Thanks for your help, anyway. I tried syncing everything using instructions pieced together from all the places I’ve seen info on it but it still didn’t work.*

I think the best question to ask would be if the Cooler Master ML240R Controller Hub’s 4 pin RGB passthrough is capable of plugging in to the B450-F’s 12v RGB header. If so I can simply buy a second 3 to 1 or 5 to 1 ARGB splitter and then use that to plug the MF120R’s 3 fans into, plus the one I’m planning on buying.

Regardless, it looks pretty on my ryzen 7 3800X.*