cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Fan Headers !!!

BLOODCHILLER
Level 7
Hi all curently i am in the final stage of collecting parts for my NEW build and i have come to realise i need to power up about 11 fans incuding ofc the water coolers fans i would like your help once again .
case : Lian Li Dynamic 011 XL ROG
motherboard : asus ROG GENE XI Z390
CPU COOLER : KRAKEN x 72
fans : for intake - 6 on the 360 kraken 2 on the botom of case these fans will be Noctua NF-F12 PWM Chromax Black 120mm more specifications are
Max. input power 0,6 W
Max. input current 0,05 A
Operating voltage 12 V
For exhaust i am thinking of using the 3 fans left over from the kraken x72 nzxt fans but not sure yet.
position of fans is 1 on the back and the last 2 on the top !!!
Problem the gene motherboard has 5 fan slots manufature says the motherboard can power 7 fans how do i work out how to put fans and how many fans on what spliters ect ect unfortunatly i canot get a fan control panel from asus in my country and there is a posibility the node slot will not regognize it because in specifications list there is no mention of the node slot .
So i need some help on how to figure out what to do please ?

On my old build it was kind of strait forward i put the motherboard in pluged the 2 cables from the case in motherboard and fans started up the same with the cpu cooler pluged in slot and it started but with the new case things are diferent i may need to by somethink to control fans since only 2 slots on gene motherboard are linked to software the other 3 run on auto max fan speed and the last thing i wana do is damage my motherboard been collecting parts for a long time to build a new pc
2 REPLIES 2

Braegnok
Level 14
I use all my motherboard fan headers with Y spliter on front fans controlled with BIOS Qfan, and use the Phanteks Universal Fan Controller for all the rest.
Phanteks : http://www.phanteks.com/PH-PWHUB_02.html

Braegnok wrote:
I use all my motherboard fan headers with Y spliter on front fans controlled with BIOS Qfan, and use the Phanteks Universal Fan Controller for all the rest.
Phanteks : http://www.phanteks.com/PH-PWHUB_02.html

Thank you m8 i will do my looking around and get one of these fan conectors tbh i am between these one and the small litle noctua one .
Kind regards Terry:cool: