cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard temperature from 1-255 °C

twangerke
Level 7
I can see this anomaly in Aida64 quite often:

The CPU temperature is also strange, but that's not the main trouble.
But the VRM and Chipset temperature jumps between 1°C and 255°C, and I have no idea what could cause this. Of course during these jumps I do not rinse my MO with hot liquid nitrogen, so these are false values. Did this happen to anyone else? Is my motherboard faulty? Or just the BIOS has this bug even after the latest update? Is a black hole about to open in my room?

Give me any ideas or tips!
3 REPLIES 3

tommiboi
Level 7
remove the side panel of your case and see if the temps are dropping. But anyways if the temps really hit 255C yout mobo would be smoking and broke. Am guessing it can be a faulty sensor. If its something to do with a BIOS update i have no clue. But you could test an old BIOS and see if the temps are okay again.
Try more, Try harder, Try and previal

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I remember that issue on my first asus rma board. a z170 hero Viii. i did the rma. but before doing all that what board is that?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Sorry, I forgot to state the type, it's a quite new piece of Crosshair VI (less than 1.5 months in my possession, bought as brand new). When bought, I had to update the bios to even recognize the 1800X CPU. 1-2 weeks before I did the bios update to the even newer version. This symptom was present at both version, can't really try any other one.

These values are definitely not real ones. Both 1°C and 255°C are impossible. Even if it would hit a higher temperature for a reason, it would have much nicer fall back to normal temps.

Don't know if I should be worried, the sensor is faulty, or the problem could affect more parts? (Should I take it back to the shop to change to another one?) Or should I just hope, that once in the future it the BIOS magically fixes itself with an update?