cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G14 HDMI not working. Color format change option?

tzaffer
Level 7
GPU: RTX 2060 with a integrated AMD card

My hdmi port on my G14 GA401IV just decided to stop working. Updated/deleted/reinstalled all related drivers with no fix. Did a complete whipe and no fix.

Tried different cables/monitors, no fix. (works on one monitor out of 5 in my house)

Heres what I caught. Using another computer.. I noticed the color output stays in RGB. On my laptop, its stuck in YCBCR444 on the Display 2.

Anyone know how to change this?
5 REPLIES 5

tzaffer
Level 7
Update

used the AMD utility software to change the color outputs, But did not fix this use.

Anyone have any suggestions?

xeromist
Did you use the driver from the G14 support page or from Nvidia? If the ASUS approved driver doesn't work I suspect the port may be dying/dead.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I tried both (Uninstalling the old one first)

I thinks its hardware. It works with some monitors. Whenever I plug into a monitor it doesnt work with, i get an distorted image before it goes to "No signal"

Welp its still in warranty so Im gonna send it in. Thanks for the advice

So it turned out being a hardware issue. I believe they changed the whole board.

Whelp anyways... It happened again and now im out of warranty.

I get a static display and a image a few times before it cuts out completely. Once again, the computer detects a monitor but monitor wont receive a signal.

anyone else having this issue?

I have the same issues. Mine is ga401ih; it just works with one monitor. When I use HDMI, the laptop detects the monitor, but it's a black screen or no signal 

When I uninstall the driver using DDU, it shows an image for a moment, but then it goes away 

When I lower the resolution to something like 640 by 480 true color 32-bit 60 hertz, The monitor shows the picture

I don't know what's going on

We don't have any Asus service center in our

And I should work for six month to by another laptop 😔😔😔