cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first time build with questions

old1
Level 7

hello all I am new here and have questions so my build includes.

strix Z790 E gaming wifi 6e

i9 13900k cpu

team group vengance 5200 32 gb

samsung 980 pro m.2 pci-e4

noctua nh-d15 chromemax black 2 fan air cooler

all is running fine my question for those of you more versed in pc things is I ran cinebench R23 and hw something monitor to show cpu temps and so on the test showed cpu at 99c  p cores showed max of 

5500 but test showed 5100 the e cores showed a max of 4300 the test showed 4100 so my question is the 

p and c cores being throttled and is 99c to hot for this cpu and is the above air cooler okay for this cpu

the cinebench r23 test showed a 37430 points can someone explain if this is good or bad?

thanks for anyone able to clarify this for me

3 REPLIES 3

Nate152

Hello old1

Do you have HWInfo installed? You can check to see what the Vcore is going to, you might be able to set a lower cpu voltage which will help lower temps.

If it passes cinebench, I'd consider it stable and see what temps are when using your pc normally, playing a game would be a good temperature test. 

The 13900k runs hot, a 360mm radiator is recommended for cooling it. You do have the best air cooler, so I would expect temps to be ok with normal use.

What are maximum temps when playing a game?

I cannot find that wording in cpuid hw monitor but something told me to uninstall the air cooler and i discovered in center from top to bottom thermal paste pretty much gone i also checked screws holding mounting plate for air cooler all were loose are tight now a rookie mistake reapplied thermal paste re installed cooler and reran cinebench now hottest cpu was 92c and all package temps for p core at 92c that was max temp for the 10 minute stress test.

not sure how to lower voltages as this is more involved than i have gotten into appreciate your input am thinking the air cooler doing some games will be okay but is there a free game download that can run while i have the hw program running to see how temps are doing? for this last test I had set default limits  in bios that intel enforces

Good to see you were able to get temps down.

Epic gives away a free game every week, a good free one to test with is Destiny 2.

Free Games | Download A Free PC Game Every Week - Epic Games Store

Here is a screenshot of my Hwinfo with the Vcore, you want to check the maximum column.