cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB radiator help

djmarks
Level 9
I have a Thermaltake Suppressor F31 with 2 x 140mm Corsair ML140mm fans at front as intake and another ML140mm on the rear as exhaust.
I'd like the Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB radiator to sit along the top with it's 3 x 120mm fans but should I set it so the fans blow out through the radiator to top of case, or draw air in from top of case through the radiator?

Only other problem I'm having is getting the ROG Maximus XI Hero board to actually fit into the case properly as the screw holes don't line up properly - do I REALLY need to secure/use all the screw fixings on the motherboard?

Thanks for any advice
2 REPLIES 2

mdzcpa
Level 12
djmarks wrote:
I have a Thermaltake Suppressor F31 with 2 x 140mm Corsair ML140mm fans at front as intake and another ML140mm on the rear as exhaust.
I'd like the Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB radiator to sit along the top with it's 3 x 120mm fans but should I set it so the fans blow out through the radiator to top of case, or draw air in from top of case through the radiator?

Only other problem I'm having is getting the ROG Maximus XI Hero board to actually fit into the case properly as the screw holes don't line up properly - do I REALLY need to secure/use all the screw fixings on the motherboard?

Thanks for any advice

I would recommend exhausting the radiator out the top. Yes, the warmer air inside the case drawn through the radiator may cause some small efficiency loss on the cooler, but I find exhausting the hot air out the top while drawing cool air from the front works best for overall case temps. You want to keep the air "moving through" your case, not fighting against itself from being blown around.

You only need to secure the board as much as necessary. Obviously recommend to use all the holes, but not mandatory if your very careful installing the components. Watch for the GPU weight that it doesn't bend your board. I suggest lots of patience and see if you can get all the holes lined up.

mdzcpa wrote:
I would recommend exhausting the radiator out the top. Yes, the warmer air inside the case drawn through the radiator may cause some small efficiency loss on the cooler, but I find exhausting the hot air out the top while drawing cool air from the front works best for overall case temps. You want to keep the air "moving through" your case, not fighting against itself from being blown around.

You only need to secure the board as much as necessary. Obviously recommend to use all the holes, but not mandatory if your very careful installing the components. Watch for the GPU weight that it doesn't bend your board. I suggest lots of patience and see if you can get all the holes lined up.

Thanks for the advice!!