cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Power LED always on on Rog Strix B450-I Gaming

finglorin
Level 7
Hi,

recently I tried to upgrade my HTPC build with a new Ryzen 5400G.

Unfortunately I haven't made a note of the initial BIOS version before I updated to Version 4901 BIOS.

The build had problems working with the new CPU so I returned the old Ryzen 2400G back.

The problem, after updating the BIOS and loading the optimized BIOS settings the power led on my PC case is always ON, even if I shut down the PC.

I've disabled Fast Boot in BIOS and Fast startup in windows 10, but that didn't help.

Did someone experience the same, or similar problem with the case power led being always on?
2 REPLIES 2

will_small
Level 7
finglorin wrote:
Hi,

recently I tried to upgrade my HTPC build with a new Ryzen 5400G.

Unfortunately I haven't made a note of the initial BIOS version before I updated to Version 4901 BIOS.

The build had problems working with the new CPU so I returned the old Ryzen 2400G back.

The problem, after updating the BIOS and loading the optimized BIOS settings the power led on my PC case is always ON, even if I shut down the PC.

I've disabled Fast Boot in BIOS and Fast startup in windows 10, but that didn't help.

Did someone experience the same, or similar problem with the case power led being always on?

there are aura/led settings in the bios for onboard devices.Â*

will.small wrote:
there are aura/led settings in the bios for onboard devices.Â*

The only setting in BIOS that had any visible effect I could try out had options to enable or disable aura and/or led.

I can turn on or off both, or just one, but that doesn't help me with case power led turning off when I shut down the PC.

Unfortunately the last BIOS manual update for the board was in 2018/08/17 and It doesn't match the BIOS version 4901.

I could always try flashing some older BIOS version with which my case led worked as I wanted it, but I consider that the last option.