cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus MB's question/help

EvolutionX
Level 7
Hey everyone just had a question about 2 boards I'm looking at for a Ryzen build. My current build I have is an I7 4770k OC to 4.4 with the ROG Maximus VI Formula, Kingston hyperbeast 1600 16g mem, Evga 1080Ti iCX card. This setup was dropped and broke a few parts so im going to build a new rig. Im still not sure if ill go 2700x or the 8700k but for this question i have it will be for a Ryzen build..
Here is what I have so far as components. NONE OF THIS HAS BEEN BOUGHT YET but just a list of what ill be using when I do buy.
MB's I'm looking at the ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero AM4 AMD X470 or the ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming AM4 AMD X470
or if there is a different board I should be looking at it all ears.
Fractal Design R6 case
Fractal S36 cooler 360 AIO
Ryzen 2700x
G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX or G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX not sure which one ill go with
Windows 10 Home
Sound Blaster Z sound card
PSU is a Corsair 860i using the old setup
HD WD black 1TB using from the old setup

I will mostly use this for everyday use and gaming but nothing too crazy as games go and yes I understand the 8700k is a better gamer 😃

Thanks for your time guys and hope to hear back soon.
4 REPLIES 4

davemon50
Level 11
It's not talked about much on these forums, but I commend you on your selection of the Corsair platinum PSU. I am so pleased with the energy performance and sound (or actually lack thereof) performance of mine that I would buy it again for every build. Great product. I would encourage you to upgrade to W10-Pro because the extra control you get over just updates alone is worth the investment IMO. I can't comment on Ryzen boards unfortunately as I tend towards Intel.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
It's not talked about much on these forums, but I commend you on your selection of the Corsair platinum PSU. I am so pleased with the energy performance and sound (or actually lack thereof) performance of mine that I would buy it again for every build. Great product. I would encourage you to upgrade to W10-Pro because the extra control you get over just updates alone is worth the investment IMO. I can't comment on Ryzen boards unfortunately as I tend towards Intel.

Whats not talked about, AMD builds? Maybe im not toally understanding hehe, its not to hard to confuse me lol.. W10-pro is not to much more so im sure i can just get that. I would hope people would talk about different builds as this forum section would be useless and pointless..

davemon50
Level 11
I meant the PSU discussion doesn't come up a whole lot. I recommend the AXi series. 🙂
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
I meant the PSU discussion doesn't come up a whole lot. I recommend the AXi series. 🙂

Ahhh ok, yeah I have had my AXi 860i for prob 4 years and its been great. No issues what so ever. Think if i do go with the 2700x ill get the Crosshair VII Hero and forget the Strix board. But i am leaning towards the 8700k cpu right now as i can get that full setup just a tad cheaper atm from newegg