cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugging in two vive headsets

tommywho1
Level 7
Hi just curious if any one know if i plug in 2 vive headsets will i do any damage to my computer
or will it simly just shut down and if anyone knows wheither it would work
cheers need to know have a couple of grankids that dont like waiting for turn lol
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Damage, no, but I don't think it will work. Driving the display for 2 3D headsets would be pretty taxing but it wouldn't actually damage anything. I'm guessing most software will only recognize and output to one headset anyway. Even if you could get it to work with some sort of hardware splitter, one person would need to "drive". The "passenger" would likely get motion sick.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Damage, no, but I don't think it will work. Driving the display for 2 3D headsets would be pretty taxing but it wouldn't actually damage anything. I'm guessing most software will only recognize and output to one headset anyway. Even if you could get it to work with some sort of hardware splitter, one person would need to "drive". The "passenger" would likely get motion sick.

cheers if I plug both in I'll let you know how it went

You didn't 🙂