cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitman Contracts probs

Heini
Level 11
Having been a Hitman fan since the EARLY days a problem recently developed with Hitman Contracts. Since upgrading to a Titan XP from a 1080FE and adding the Win 10 Aniv. update Hitman Contracts is useless. I'm guessing it's a Win 10 problem but I'm curious if anyone knows of a cure for the disease? No other versions of Hitman or any other games have been affected.
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152
Hi Heini

What problem are you having with Hitman Contracts ?

We need to know what the disease is before we can administer a cure. 🙂

Heini
Level 11
First off, Contracts is a very BUGGY game and has been in all versions of Microstuff. Since it went nuts this time after a Win10 update Im going to assume that the culprit. But since you asked.... The game launches and starts ok but with a minute or so it locks with no way out but ending the task.

Nate152
Hmmmm, if all other games play fine it does sound like an issue with Hitman Contracts.

If it's crashing/freezing with a BEX error here is a video that shows how to fix it, the guy is pretty quick so you might have to watch it a couple times. You could maybe try running it in compatibility mode too.

Heini
Level 11
Thanks for the effort, Nate, but nothing I've tried including your suggestions work. I'll keep whittling at it but I believe Microstuff is going to have fix this one. I'm playing from CD but what I understand is that Steam is having probs with Contracts too.

I know how annoying this might sound - but if Blood Money works well, move on to blood money. Unless you're going backwards, in that case this is a problem. Like a said in another thread, Contracts, being a semi-remake, isn't worth much nerves - for me personally at least. 🙂

Heini
Level 11
stilluntitled, I play the entire Hitman series and Contracts is the only version I have problems with.

ps...... BloodMoney runs great and looks better than ever for me.