cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Scar G733 not working with Oculus

aesu24
Level 7
My Asus Strix Scar G733 is not working with Oculus pc app. When I start up Oculus it says my computer is not meeting the min requirements... Obviously my computer meets the requirements but somehow something is not working well.
5 REPLIES 5

DaxCro
Level 7
I have oculus Rift S and it doesnt work. Usualy.
The only time It worked when I had "high power" power option to chose.
It appeared few times, and then Oculus Rift S worked, but It has been 10 days since I saw high performance option appear.

I also have some of the power option configurations missing.
Im discussing it with support, but with no luck, or fixing the problem.
I just cant get all power options to show.

I sent my logs to Oculus, see if they can fix it. Not sure what the issue is really... I think its something to do with the USB driver and way the graphics card is connected. I had it working once, after a driver update, then after the next reboot no go.

The issue is 100% with Asus itself, I have download and installed the Asus NVidia driver Graphic_ROG_NVIDIA_J_V27.21.14.6173Sub1_22622 from here: https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-strix/2021-rog-strix-scar-17-series/helpdesk_download and after reboot the VR immediately worked. Now I guess I will just be unable to use the latest NVidia drivers until this issue is resolved.

update: Oculus sent me feedback on some things to fix:
Thank you for reaching back out to us here at Oculus Support. I appreciate you providing me those details. I understand that you're having some issues with your Oculus link and Air link. Nothing to worry about I'm here to assist you.

Upon checking your log files I see that you're using multiple graphics card or SLI (Scalable Link Interface).

My advice is to use only the main graphics card of your laptop when you're using your Quest 2.

After doing the steps I provided above and the issue still persists, I would kindly ask you to do the following:

Open Control Panel.
Click on Hardware and Sound.
Click on Power Options.
Under "Preferred plan," click the Change plan settings link for the plan you're currently using.
Click the Change advanced power settings link.
Expand USB settings.
Expand USB selective suspend setting.
Make sure this is disabled.

Once those are complete, I would like to ask you to look into your USB Power Saving settings:

Right-click the Start menu and select Device Manager.

Scroll down and open the USB (Universal Serial Bus) section.

After you are in the USB section, please complete each step below for each USB item:

Right-click the first option and select Update.
Wait for this to finish.
Right-click the first option and select Properties.
Open the Power Management tab, and uncheck the "Allow this device to turn off" box.
The tab might not be there for all entries. If missing, move to the next one.

Restart your computer after completing these steps.

Also, just to add up in case the issue still persists after doing some of the basic troubleshooting steps I provided above. Please do the following steps:

Disconnect your computer from the internet.
Back up any necessary content.
You can find steps on how to do so by clicking here.
Reboot into Safe Mode.
Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
C:\Program Files.
Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData.
C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local.
C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow.
C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming.
C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache.
Restart your computer in normal mode.
Reconnect your computer to the internet.
Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website here.

Please let me know how it goes. I'll be waiting for your reply at your earliest convenience so when the issue persists I can assist you further. May you have a splendid week.

Best regards,

I upgraded to latest NVidia driver and applied the above steps... again it did NOT work.

This concludes for me that the issue really is some modification on the NVidia driver made by Asus themselves. That means we are stuck with an outdated Asus modified NVidia driver. 😞

aesu24 wrote:
The issue is 100% with Asus itself, I have download and installed the Asus NVidia driver Graphic_ROG_NVIDIA_J_V27.21.14.6173Sub1_22622 from here: https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-strix/2021-rog-strix-scar-17-series/helpdesk_download and after reboot the VR immediately worked. Now I guess I will just be unable to use the latest NVidia drivers until this issue is resolved.

update: Oculus sent me feedback on some things to fix:

I upgraded to latest NVidia driver and applied the above steps... again it did NOT work.

This concludes for me that the issue really is some modification on the NVidia driver made by Asus themselves. That means we are stuck with an outdated Asus modified NVidia driver. 😞

diable the second video card (amd) in device settings,.. is works for me.

Maou2 wrote:
diable the second video card (amd) in device settings,.. is works for me.

This works indeed... but do this every time to use VR is just silly. Anyways... thanks so much for the fix! At least now I can use VR on Windows 11.