cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar Phoebus - Which One???

Shrike
Level 7
Hi All,
I have a NEW System Came With Win 8 Installed, But I'm UPGRADING it to Win 7 x64.

System cam with the "Xonar Phoebus" card installed and from the download site - CG8580 / Windows 7 / Audio
https://www.asus.com/Desktops/ROG_CG8580/#support_Download_30

To Install the "Xonar Phoebus" I have 2 Choices
1 - XonarDGX_V51281800_V71281800_XPWin7.zip
3 - ASUS_XonarDX_V51281794_V71281793_XPWin7.zip

BUT Which one do I Install??? The "XonarDGX" or "ASUS_XonarDX" ???:confused:

For that matter, The Card itself gives No Indication as to whether its a "DGX" or a "DX" so have no idea whats going on with this one! For all I Know "DGX" and "DX" may be just a typo error in the file name!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks
Shrike
3 REPLIES 3

appsmarsterx
Level 7
are you sure your system came with a Phoebus?? .. according to the specs it mentioned as Xonar DX (Optional)

if you sure you have a phoebus then download from this link
http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus/#support_Download

Hi appsmasterx,
Thanks your reply!

Yes, I'm quite sure about the the "Phoebus" - The Xonar Card came with the "CG8580-Extreme" and comes with the ROG Pakage!!

Will Check the link for Which Software I Need to Install - DGX or DX? (Been away, so just back into it!)
Thanks again
Shrike

You are still missing the point that appsmarsterx posted. None of the drivers you listed are for the Pheobus sound card. I think you actually need to make sure what sound card you actually have. If you have a pheobus use the link appsmarsterx posted. If not look at the sound card and see if you have a DGX or a DX. As all 3 sound cards are different.

Shrike wrote:
Hi appsmasterx,
Thanks your reply!

Yes, I'm quite sure about the the "Phoebus" - The Xonar Card came with the "CG8580-Extreme" and comes with the ROG Pakage!!

Will Check the link for Which Software I Need to Install - DGX or DX? (Been away, so just back into it!)
Thanks again
Shrike