cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar Phoebus vs Xonar DX for Razer Tiamat 7.1???

SuperMiguel
Level 7
I mostly game in my computer. at the moment playing mmos, WoW, neverwinter, etc... So i got the Razer tiamat and wondering which sound card i should get?
14 REPLIES 14

SuperMiguel
Level 7
any one? 10 char

KILLER_K
Level 10
Here is a review of the dreaded non supported Pheobus. As you can see the $40-$50 sound cards are just as good as the $200 Pheobus is. Plus the fact we have gotten two beta drivers in a little over a years time. And currently still waiting for WHQL drivers now. All you will get on driver information is, "They will be released soon." This is probably why they have a "F rating" at the Better Business Bureau now. Honestly I would get another brand all together at this point. Perhaps look at the Creative Labs line up. Here is a review of the Pheobus for you though.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/07/09/asus_dgx_dsx_xonar_rog_phoebus_sound_cards#.UfvVx233R-o

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus Pheobus ROG Xonar 2012 - 2013

slikk
Level 7
I have the Razer Tiamats and had them connected to the Xonar DX and the Xonar Xense. I now have the Phoebus and can honestly tell you that I have had ZERO problems period. Best damn sound card I've evr owned. Believe me. I've owned almost EVERY higher end sound card with none of them providing a better analog surround for gaming.

dan_ivan
Level 7
Maybe Raja could tell us if we are closer to the update or not? Or what means "soon"? And I think we will appreciate his answer!

SuperMiguel
Level 7
Did you feel any difference going from the Xonar DX to the Phoebus???? Like is it worth it?

SuperMiguel wrote:
Did you feel any difference going from the Xonar DX to the Phoebus???? Like is it worth it?
I can't say I could "feel" any difference but I sure can hear the difference. The card has 4 gaming pre-set options that REALLY work. No need to fool around with the EQ etc. Just select the preferred game pre-set and you're good to go. The Tiamats are 7.1 analog and deserve a super 7.1 analog card. Phoebus!

slikk wrote:
I can't say I could "feel" any difference but I sure can hear the difference. The card has 4 gaming pre-set options that REALLY work. No need to fool around with the EQ etc. Just select the preferred game pre-set and you're good to go. The Tiamats are 7.1 analog and deserve a super 7.1 analog card. Phoebus!

Should i consider anything else besides the Phoebus around the same price???

SuperMiguel wrote:
Should i consider anything else besides the Phoebus around the same price???
You can consider anything you like. I don't see why. In my opinion the Phoebus is the better card in that price range.

appsmarsterx
Level 7
Phoebus has some excellent components with below average software/drivers .. just read the hardocp review( Killer_K's post #3) if you want to find out more.. as far as I can tell Phoebus and Tiamat are 2 overpriced products .. specially Tiamat , might good with positional audio in gaming but absolutely terrible for music with terrible muddy/bloated lows, awful mids/highs.. not even worth $50 .. typical Razer product ..