cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Drivers? PLEASE!

hoxlund
Level 9
I recently bought one of your most expensive sound cards, strix raid dlx. For the life of me, cannot understand how you don't have windows 11 drivers out?

It's only had beta builds for over a year. It's only been officially out for the past 4 months now.

This is very sad that asus would let down it's customer base like this.

I am trying to use my high end beyerdynamics dt990 pro (600 ohm) headphones with your sound card. You cannot change to the headphone output with having your latest driver installed (1.1.23)
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming X Mobo
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop
Crucial 4x16GB DDR4 3600 Memory
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE Video Card
43 REPLIES 43

xeromist
Tried the Win10 driver? I'm not on 11 yet so I don't know if there are significant changes that would prevent you from using 10 drivers but that has worked in the past.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Tried the Win10 driver? I'm not on 11 yet so I don't know if there are significant changes that would prevent you from using 10 drivers but that has worked in the past.

Win10 driver got the problem as he said.

I also encountered the same problem.

hoxlund
Level 9
Message I got from their support from a ticket I put in yesterday, name and full case number redacted:

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support.

My name is , and I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you for contacting us with your regarding the firmware for your STRIX RAID DLX. We value you as a customer and your satisfaction is very important to us!

We appreciate your patience as we work with our Technical Product Management to make updated firmware available. We are confident that we can provide a solution for you based on the information you have provided.

Once the firmware is available, we will ensure it is updated to our service website for download. We encourage you to check back over the next couple of weeks at https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Sound-Cards/Gaming/STRIX-RAID-DLX/HelpDesk_Download/

In the meantime, if you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We're always at your service. Thank you, stay healthy and get through this time safely!

Please make note of your case number for your future reference: N21120.

Do you have feedback that you would like to share about your experience with our CEO? We would love to hear about it! Share your feedback here: Contact our CEO's Office

Regards,

ASUS Product Support

https://www.asus.com/us/support/
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop

hoxlund
Level 9
Going on 8 months of ownership for this sound card. Still can't use my headphones in Win11. Windows 11... going on 5 months of public release. Over a year of being out for development purposes. I hope Asus realizes they are the laughing stock right now for sound card support.

WHAT A LET DOWN.

AE-7 Sound card in my cart ready to purchase if this May 2022 driver release date slips again. Will never recommend another Asus sound card in my life!
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop

hoxlund wrote:
Going on 8 months of ownership for this sound card. Still can't use my headphones in Win11. Windows 11... going on 5 months of public release. Over a year of being out for development purposes. I hope Asus realizes they are the laughing stock right now for sound card support.

WHAT A LET DOWN.

AE-7 Sound card in my cart ready to purchase if this May 2022 driver release date slips again. Will never recommend another Asus sound card in my life!

Gave up on "sound cards" years ago. Haven't purchased a sound card or used the onboard audio in probably 5 years at least. External Schiit DAC & amp as my main, as it pre-amps to my speakers and has an awesome integrated headphone amp. Just something to consider.

hoxlund
Level 9
any great 600 ohm headphone dac options from schiit? for my dt990s?

that also work with my corsair sp2500 computer speakers?
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop

hoxlund
Level 9
May 2nd, still no Audio Drivers. I keep updating my amazon review for the strix dlx card with dates. As long as you keep not updating the driver for an operating system that has been out for over a year.... I'll keep updating my review to help educate people on not buying their sound cards.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop

hoxlund wrote:
May 2nd, still no Audio Drivers. I keep updating my amazon review for the strix dlx card with dates. As long as you keep not updating the driver for an operating system that has been out for over a year.... I'll keep updating my review to help educate people on not buying their sound cards.

Backup this FAQ

useless driver support from asus for the products